Nigella Lawson's Hubby

Files for Divorce

I'll Teach You, Bitch!

7/7/2013 10:23 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0618_charles_saatchi_magazine_cover
The husband of famous TV cooker Nigella Lawson has gone from the throat to the jugular -- filing for divorce because his wife didn't come to his defense after he choked her in public.

Yeah, you read right.

Charles Saatchi -- the mega-wealthy art collector who famously put his hands around Lawson's throat last month outside a famous London restaurant in plain view of paparazzi -- issued a statement announcing the divorce:

"I feel that I have clearly been a disappointment to Nigella during the last year or so, and I am disappointed that she was advised to make no public comment to explain that I abhor violence of any kind against women, and have never abused her physically in any way."

Saatchi got a warning from cops to not do it again. Boy, those Brits are forgiving.

But Saatchi wasn't done. He went on to blame Nigella, saying they had drifted apart over the last year and essentially admitting that he went to town on her throat:

"The row photographed at Scott's Restaurant could equally have been Nigella grasping my neck to hold my attention -- as indeed she has done in the past."

So what should happen to Saatchi? Please advise in comment section.

fonzie

I've read that people say he's usually reculsive. So he's got mega bucks, no personality and a mood and personality disorder. She is a huge star, beautiful, successful and reknowned for her charm. Jealous bastard can't figure out his own problems and blames her.

Nobrows

I wish she would have pressed charges against him. He is just going to do this or something worse to the next one. He is a privileged jerk, not a man.

Rocky

I would have broke his damn hand if he choked me like that. He's such a loser. Run girl run

Angel Rose

Hey TMZ, someone needs to edit this article. Lawson (Nigella) did not get a warning from the cops not to do it again, that a/hole Charles Saatchi did.

jordii

What a filthy animal. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Eventually she will realize his public display of abuse was actually a gift because had it not been for that he would have continued with his disgusting behavior. And to think the man she loved died but this one seems to be too alive and well. No justice in this world.

Lothandra

Thinks she should go with that divorce and clean him out. Jerk needs a good old fashion kick in the arse. what a jerk. Shes so much better off with out that jerk.

daisy

Gosh, so Wife #3 is down the drain and he's on the hunt for #4. What a prince....

Janet

Obviously, Nigella is better off out of any sort of relationship with this odious man. What should happen to him? I would say since he has now made such stupid comments regarding his brutalization of his wife the police should charge him with assault and battery (or the British equivalent) since he has admitted harming her.

pepper

He should be glad he isn't married to a southerner. If someone grabbed me by the neck, they would feel their dinner glass impaled in their throat and I wouldn't be happy until they bled out..... :-)

Noemi

Classic abuser behavior, regardless of who files I'm glad she'll be rid of him, and I hope he leaves her alone and no restraining orders are needed (and most likely defied).

ghost

Run Nigella! He is a punk! You are too pretty and too good for that monster.

cobrazombie

I hope someone grabs him by the throat hard and leaves him in an alley with all the other rats.

Deborah

Please. No one wants to hear this jerks excuse.

lookyloo32

hang 'im by the balls

Olivia3100

String in up is too good for the bully. The woman is always to blame...we no longer play that old recording I hope!!!