'Big Brother'

Spencer's Mom Swears

My Son's Not a Bigot!

7/9/2013 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0708_-Spencer-Clawson-article
"Big Brother" star Spencer Clawson is not a Hitler-loving bigot -- he's just saying terrible things so his racist friends in the house will like him ... so says Spencer's mother.

TMZ spoke with Donna Clawson ... who insists her son wasn't showing his true colors when "BB" cameras caught him praising Hitler and referring to a gay housemate as "Kermit the f**."

"Spencer really is a great guy," she tells us ... "This is not a guy that’s a bigot or a racist. And he’s not that way at home. He's a great guy."

So why would Spencer say such horrible things? Mama Clawson says her son is just trying to fit in with the racist, homophobic people in the house ... because it's the only way he can win the reality show.

"If you're in a group, you go along with the group talk and that is what is happening with him."

She adds, "This is a reality show. The purpose of the show is scheming behind each other's backs."

"Spencer might not be perfect but he's my son. All those kids are somebody's child. He's a good guy."

Azi

In 10 years he'll make a good ginger Santa.

babyboy

I do not by that for a min mama....

babyboy

I do not buy that for a minute .... mama.

Lolly1192

Of course Mama would defend him! Who else do you think made him into the misogynistic Nazi sympathizer that he is today? Maybe Mommy would like to explain the benefits of medical experiments on the Jews, since Spencer didn't have a chance to elaborate for us?

Iris Myandowski

oh so he's not a racist homophobic pr*ck, he's just a douche who'll say anything to gain others approval ? that's SOOOOOO much better ! Actually mummy, that makes him worse.... GROW a spine

Jamey Hunter

So Mommy says he's not a racist, just a pathetic loser who desperately wants to fit in.

Missy

"Mama Clawson says her son is just trying to fit in with the racist, homophobic people in the house ... because it's the only way he can win the reality show."

Great excuse, lady. Probably the same "reasoning" every Nazi, Aryan, Klansman, and racist has used to "justify" their actions. But I guess that just shows how truly weak in mind and spirit anyone is that would resort to using words of hate. Being a follower is easy and less rewarding. It's always harder to be a leader and create your own path.

Lala

I have to kinda "admire" Spencer's Mom... at least SHE has come "forward" to TRY to "save her son's reputation"... I DON'T SEE AARYN'S, GINA MARIE'S, AMANDA'S families coming to THEIR "defense" (is it b/c they KNOW there is NO DEFENSE????)

The KERMIT THE FROG statement was when ANDY was wearing ALL GREEN... I personally DID NOT consider THAT to be an anti-gay "slur"... and Spencer said it to Andy directly...

I was so glad CBS aired the comments... I jut can't wait for AARYN to be eliminated and ten go out and face Julie!!!!

Nellyville

This guy is going to have to go into hiding after the show ends. Doesn't he know his family is watching?

Jenny

I don't really understand why only these two comments are getting thrown around...he is constantly saying inappropriate things. Almost every sentence he speaks contains some type of speech against minorities, gays or women. I'm not terribly bothered by the C word personally, but if I was...he uses it every 5 minutes.

The sad thing is he is very intelligent, a very good player and he is actually quite funny. He does sarcastic humor very well, which I like. He just needs to use his comedic talents for good, not evil.

Sarah

Hitler's mom:

Hitler "might not be perfect but he's my son. All those kids are somebody's child. He's a good guy."

Areukiddingme?

That is a steaming pile of B.S. He calls women the "C" word so he can get along with them? I don't think so... not to mention the other stuff he said.

Rvolpi

Bottom line, if you haven't seen the show or the internet live feeds, you can be easily misled. I've seen & periodically watch both when I have the time & when I don't there are flashback capabilities that allow you to see what you have missed. I can tell you that Spencer has Definitely made bigoted remarks away from & around the his like-minded roommates....none of which have to do with Hitler being a gifted speaker. TMZ has unfortunately put the focus on the wrong comment(s). I can't say that he's a raging racist but his remarks don't reflect this 'good guy' image his mother's throwing out. He's also extremely misogynistic....

Rvolpi

Hey TMZ!! This message is for you!! Please stop focusing on the Hitler is a gifted speaker remark & check out this video clip! Includes most, not all, of the housemates bigoted comments, including Mr. 'Good Guy' Spencer who used remarks around & also AWAY from his like-minded cast mates. Please redirect the attention...

11 minute video clip with most of the bigoted remarks said by guests, including 'good guy' Spencer...

Gary

Sorry lady. Your son is a bigot and is showing his true colors. He has never let you see him that way.But that is how all his friends know him. Parents always think their kids (no matter what age) are little darlings. They know NOTHING about how the kids act in their own world.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments