Kanye West on Paparazzi

Why I Hate Them ...

Why I Attack Them

7/13/2013 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

071213_kanye_pap_attack_launchThere's a reason Kanye West hates the paparazzi so much -- it's a terrible reason -- but a reason nonetheless ... and it stems from a few rotten eggs, TMZ has learned.

It's no secret Kanye's been running on a short fuse since at least 2008, when he smashed a TMZ camera at LAX. After that, he vowed to have a more peaceful relationship with the media ... but that all changed in 2012.

Sources close to Kanye tell TMZ ... after he started getting serious with Kim Kardashian, he felt a couple of paps would cross the line and ask him inappropriate questions about their relationship in public. We're told he started to feel like certain paps were "heckling" him.

Things escalated in October 2012 during a trip to Miami ... when a local photog -- not a TMZ guy -- asked Kanye and Kim if they would be inviting Kris Humphries and Reggie Bush to their wedding.

Kanye was pissed ... and, rightfully so, felt the photog was just trying to antagonize him.

Things got worse a few months later, after Kim announced she was pregnant -- when another pap started hammering K&K about whether they would invite Ray J to the baby shower.

That, we're told, was the breaking point -- and from that moment on, Kanye decided to impose his "DON'T EVER TALK" policy on anyone with a camera.

Here's the problem ... if Kanye doesn't want to talk to a pap, that's fine -- he has that right. But when he starts attacking people and smashing camera equipment ... dude, you crossed the line.

Take this example, Kanye -- if a white person walked up to you and said the N-word, would you hate all white people??? Would you try to ATTACK every white person you encountered???

Bottom line -- we get why he's upset ... but seriously, GET OVER IT.

Previous 15 Comments | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

ChantelBlahh

Just leave him alone omg I understand hes famous but that doesnt give paps the right to shove something in your face and then you later on get judged. I would hate to have fame I rather have the money.

GetOverYourself

It's alright, Kanye. You and your urinal...um, I mean girlfriend, should get the respect you deserve. Just because Kim has shown the world everything but her pap smear doesn't mean we have the right to invade your privacy.

P.S. Your new music sucks.

sharbies

TMZ reads like pre-2006 Perez is writing.

Dude

You absolutely can not/should not compare being called the N-word to some replaceable equipment being broken. People have sacrificed a lot all in because of the N-Word. You all don't have the right please re-evaluate whoever wrote this article.

Charon Dow

I feel that the best way to eliminate the celebrities who act out against media is to not acknowledge them or their actions of any kind; then the decrease of their popularity will make them appreciate the lime light when they do have it.

Ash

Why is kanye west so dramatic when it comes to paparazzi what do you expect from becoming famous and its not like they are doing it on purpose they have kids to support too so that's why they do what they do

KK

want you TMZ bitches to come to the bay and try this **** antagonize BAY AREA ARTISTS WE GET YOUR **** BACK AND YOU WONT SUE NO ONE GET YOU DECKED FOR THAT SLIDE THRU HARRY WE WAITIN... BAY AREA Filmore

donna

Kanye West is a D___ I don't see how people like him.

Bambi

He is with the wrong girl if he hates the paps, the paps are the Kardashian's bread and butter.

aditikumer

TMZ you guys are really trying to start a race war, you guys are making matters worse with your remarks.

C Young

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Nobody keeps black people down but themselves!! Even ones with money! They are above common courtesy, manners & the law! Don't talk to me? Who the f**k are you to bark orders at me? Eat shi* Kanye, you suck like Obama!!!

Kristen

If you know this then why wont you leave him alone and find another celeb to harass. Id be pissed if I was followed everywhere I turned and asked stupid a5$ questions just to get a reaction out of me. If this what a journalism graduate does when they can't find a better job?

Ed

If I had the money that some of these celebrities have you could take my picture and yell at me all you want. Kanye deserved this treatment when he is walking around the airport in his huddie looking like a punk. With all their money they could buy their on plane and airport and their troubles would be over.

Marcelaruby

The day Kanye West hits Kim I'm pretty sure he's going to be singing "I hit it, I hit it, I hit it first" LMAO!!

Josh

Whoever wrote this post (notice it says TMZ staff to either hide/protect their identity ), you are a Coward behind the screen. Even though you revel in cyber environments, you still can't say **** to anyone really. You'll never even smell that type of money in 7 lifetimes, especially what TMZ pays.

It's your 'job,' I guess. But I'm positive you think about it, so the rest as seen above, is really self loathing etc.

Previous 15 Comments | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16