Cory Monteith

Cause of Death

HEROIN AND ALCOHOL

7/16/2013 3:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0427-cory-monteith-getty-article2-1
update_bar
3:10 PM PT -- Officials are currently addressing the media about the death investigation.

Cops wouldn't delve into specifics when asked if they found drugs in Cory's hotel room, but they certainly insinuated it ... saying, "There was evidence in the room that was consistant of a drug overdose."

gray-bar-update
Cory Monteith
died from a lethal combination of heroin and alcohol ... this according to Canadian authorities.

The British Columbia Coroners Service says an autopsy and toxicological analysis show that the 31-year-old "Glee" star died from a "mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol."

Monteith's body was discovered by staffers at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in Vancouver, Canada on July 13.

Monteith had struggled with addiction for years and had been to rehab earlier this year.

Monteith had said he began struggling with drugs and alcohol as a young teenager.

Story developing ...

0716_cory_monteith_footer

Bill

Great, can we stop the hero worship now? While I am sympathetic that he had a drug problem, he threw his life away. Let's not call this a tragedy, or anything like that...He died a stupid death.

Eve

I live here in Vancouver and no information has been released at all - where are you getting this from? Sorry but I don't believe it

Patrick

I wonder how the as**ole dealer feels ?

shakedoggy

he looks almost alive in that picture! did they stick a pin in him to c if he yells "OUCH!"? those movie stars always make themselves look bright eyed and bushy tailed on camera whether dead or alive. remarkable.

Mz. Reality

How sad that he just couldn't pull himself out of that spiral. I wasn't a Glee fan, but he had a talent that made the show. Let him rest and don't pass judgment until you know the demons a person fights. He never hid his addictions. Show the guy some respect.

mike d

TMZ must be physic or know something no one else does. The latest statement today from the BC coroners office is:

The B.C. Coroners Service has completed both an autopsy and toxicology tests on 31-year-old Glee star Cory Monteith, who was found dead in his Vancouver hotel room on Saturday afternoon.

Coroner Barbara McLintock said toxicology samples will be sent to a provincial lab for testing.

The results of both the autopsy and the toxicology tests are not expected to be released for several days, but McLintock said she would try to expedite the process.

This story should be removed immediately!

Lynn317

Alcohol and heroin - such a toxic dangerous combination . Hopefully the brutal reality of this talented man's early passing at far too young of an age, will be just another reminder to millions of other young people just how deadly alcohol and drug abuse can be and to not follow in that dangerous path. May part of his legacy be is to help save the lives of other young people before it is too late.

RIP Cory ... from all the comments, it is clear many loved him and were embraced by his talent. He will be missed.

Sherbear

Stupid stupid stupid and senseless.

King Anton

Lea is a vegan, yet u was messed up on that stuff?

moonglow

So sad. Heroin AND Alcohol?

MWarren

So very tragic! My son and I enjoyed watching Cory on Glee- I am not totally surprised, yet it saddens me that another talented and young actor's life has been taken by drugs and alcohol. My prayers are with Cory's family and friends. Rest in peace Cory- you will truly be missed!

Sue

Yeah I figured it would be due to Drugs. Most Celebs DO drink and Due Drugs, even if they deny it. This happens way too often. I'm sure all the years since he was 13 doing Drugs did Not help his Heart either. I believe you'll eventually find out that he (and other Celebs who have died way too young, like Whitney Houston) died due to too much damage to his Heart. But we will all have to wait and see if I am right....Thanks for informing me. :) ~ Sue ~

jenny

jenny

Here is the link to the tox repor: http://youtu.be/TkiyUG6MsrA

Don Livingston

I'm sorry, but I can't have feelings for some one that basically has a "charmed finacially successful life", and is so weak, that he or she OD'S on drugs after "REHAB" because of pressure and their own insecurities.., sorry..........,donllivi