'Glee'

Production Delayed Over

Cory Monteith Death

7/19/2013 3:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0719_glee_cory_monteith_delayed_article_getty

The new season of "Glee" will premiere 2 weeks behind schedule ... due to the death of its star Cory Monteith, this according to FOX.

The network issued a statement saying the show will premiere on September 26 -- it was originally scheduled to debut on September 13.

Sources tell us ... producers have been meeting to discuss how to phase out Cory's character. We're told producers wanted to give the cast and crew time to grieve Cory's death.

As a result, production has been pushed back to early August.

Monteith passed away last week after OD'ing on heroin and alcohol. He was 31.

Jackie

I don't watch GLEE...I tried once it was the most horrible thing I've ever seen/heard HOWEVER it's really sad what has happened to this guy. From what I've been hearing he was a decent person who wasn't effected by fame (ego wise). RIP fellow Canadian

Franc

You hadda use a photo where he looks high?

Hooray For Holly Wood

You don't have to phase out the character, just get someone who looks like him. That shouldn't be hard to do. If they can replace Darren on Bewitched, they can replace this guy.

LordGobblecock

you know we're gonna get some soppy dedication episode where they sing sad songs and cry a lot :/ actors are self indulgent like that

Dead account Delete at will

Phase out his char????? ya maybe he can appear in 3-4 more episodes to phase him out.

Ryuga the Dragon Emperor

Glee sucks, it's nothing more than the gayer version of High School musical. That druggie died because he was a stupid druggie.

Spanky

Love you Cory!!

Brooke

Doesn't his girlfriend play his character's girlfriend on the show? I can't imagine losing someone I loved and then having to reenact my reaction. Poor girl.

tgrfan42069

people actually watch this ****? btw you know they are going to try and profit off of his od

Xianne

No one cares

LK

My suggestion is 2 write it like it happen . The guy was secretly hiding that he was a junkie drunk & no 1 knew till it wad 2 late . Than they can teach young & old ppl about drug & alcohol addictions . By using this tragedy 4 educating ppl & hopefully saving other lives in the long run .

Cartman

No doubt they will respect him and add an unwanted level of gay to his demise.

R.I.P. bro, heh, you knew you were on a flaming show

lola479

I think this is really sad especially for Lea Michelle. I can't imagine what its like to be her right now.

Honeydip

Thanks TMZ for letting us know what passed away from.........once again!

BB

Must suck to OD so early in your career that nobody cares.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments