Amanda Bynes

On 5150 Hold

7/23/2013 11:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0602_amanda_bynes_4_tmz
update_bar
8:35 AM PT
-- TMZ just spoke to the woman whose driveway Amanda built the fire on, and she tells us, she had no idea what was going on until cops knocked on her front door. She says cops asked her, "Do you know anyone by the name of Amanda Bynes, or why she would have some vendetta against you?" She said no ... not surprising because the woman is elderly.

072313_bynes_neighbor_launch
Cops then described to her that there was a young lady in her driveway, who had lit a fire and was carrying a little red gas tank. The homeowner says cops told her Amanda had burned part of her clothing.

gray-bar-update
Amanda Bynes
is currently hospitalized on a 5150 hold ... after starting a small fire in the driveway of some random person's house Monday night, TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us, the fire department responded to the home in Thousand Oaks, CA around 9 PM -- near where Amanda was just accused of trespassing -- after someone noticed the small blaze in the driveway. The sheriff's department was subsequently called when Amanda was found standing near the campfire.

0723_fire_marks_sub
When sheriff's deputies arrived, they questioned Amanda about what she was doing, and why she was doing it -- and based on her answers, they determined she needed to be hospitalized on a 5150 hold. Translation: her answers were really wacky.

A 5150 hold is an involuntary hospitalization for mental evaluation. Amanda can only be held for 72 hours though.

Britney Spears was famously taken in on a 5150 in 2008 during her pre-conservatorship period.

And just to give you an idea of what Amanda looked like yesterday, these photos were taken at Bloomingdales in Santa Monica just hours before the hospitalization ... around 5 PM.

0723_bynes_shopping_tmz_wm
Story developing ...

0523_amanda_bynes_twit_pics_footer

marianne

Thank God! If this is all to stay relevant, 72 hour hold will hopefully snap her lil ass back into the real world. What I've experienced, being held against your will usually motivates a "normal" person to get honest real quick, and someone with issues to uncontrollably act out. Thank you LAFD for doing something everyone else didn't have the balls to do.

tori

Mental illness isn't a laughing matter,you wouldn't be making fun of someone and wishing bad on them if you had a loved one or you yourself had suffered from it. Praying Amanda gets the help she so badly needs! Sick comments on here prove many of you need a hold put on you. Disgusting!

Bear King of the Dead Thread Heads (and he means it)

Was it an ugly house?

Michelle17

Finally. Thank God a neighbor noticed or she could have killed someone.

Cat

From the pics this doesn't look like a campfire, there are 2 spots on the driveway and since gas was used as the accelerant after her 51/50 hold she should be charged with attempted arson and destruction of property.

Castor

If by chance she sees these photos, she would immediately tweet, "you're ugly"

WiddoMouse

I would hope that somebody in Amanda's family would step up and do what Britney Spear's father did for her. Amanda is not in a position to make safe decisions in her life. She needs someone to do it for her for a long time. Britney has become a calm and responsible woman but she still needs conservatorship. Amanda should prepare for the same type of external control in her life.

kay121

Maybe her reasoning for starting the fire was "MA HA!"

jake

Lets hope little Ms. Psycho gets the help she desperately needs. Where the "f" are her parents?

Castor

I guess Amanda would say, "It's not me. I'm suing anyone who publishes these photos" or "As soon as I get my nose surgery done, I would post a better photo"

janet

Well maybe now she will get a full medical/psyche evaluation.

Geddylea

Amanada is a mess and I hope she gets help. I feel sorry for the older woman and her messed up driveway. How do you fix that? I hope she gets some money from the nutball.

6one9

YAY!! about time!!

Geddylea

Patti

I truly hope she gets the help that she needs....such a sad situation....she is such a talented individual...loved her in all her movies/tv shows.....