« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Riley Cooper's Grandma

He Made His Racist Bed

... He's Gotta Sleep In It

8/3/2013 7:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0801-getty-riley-cooper
N-word hurling Philadelphia Eagles player Riley Cooper isn't getting any sympathy from his own grandma -- who tells TMZ, Cooper screwed up big time ... and it's his mess to clean up.

Riley's Grandma Betty didn't make excuses when we spoke to her ... saying, "[Riley] brought it upon himself and he has to deal with the consequences."

As we reported, Cooper has already taken leave from the Eagles to pursue counseling after his n-word threat at a recent Kenny Chesney concert -- when he said he would fight "every n***er" at the show.

Grandma says Riley was raised in a good household that never condoned racism of any kind -- so she's surprised by his behavior, especially because she says he's never gotten into any kind of trouble before.

That said, Grandma Betty is optimistic about Riley's future, telling us it's good he's nipping this problem in the bud now before it gets any worse.

Granny B, everybody!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I don't get the weak defense of "everybody has said 'blahblahblah' once". Does anybody really believe that when these people make headlines, it's their first time?

I don't think anybody should be crucified for saying something offensive. But don't make weak-ass arguments to support it either. If you offended somebody and you didn't intend to, apologize for that. If you regret it, say that. Don't take defense, take responsibility.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Mikey

You called his Grandmother?! WTF

mark

so you decided to, what?...call up his grandmother? contacted her somehow anyways, right TMZ? jesus! I hope to hell she sues you for invasion of privacy. just like jack white should be doing. you guys at TMZ are lower than the dog sh$t I stepped in yesterday.

Pimpcessa

Wow, Pennsylvania has Sandusky, Vick and this guy, yet Florida gets a bad rap??? Lol

CrystalT

Who goes to rehab for saying the N-Word?! Apologize and move on with your life! I'm black and I'm so sick of this n-word debacacle when we sling around like its nothing. No he wasn't right but let's not make story about every time someone says the n-word or the f-word! He's a public figure so his career is going to have to pay for that but I don't want nobody calling his grandmom and sh*t.

Norma Desomd

I wonder how many times the "N" word is tossed around an NFL or NBA locker room? Double standard folks? AND FFS TMZ get your IT people to fix this comment portion as the "we are experiencing technical difficulties" and the Like and Hate buttons not functioning properly are getting on my nerves!

Melimo

Anyway, in this pic he looks pretty darn attractive. That's how important this article is to me....

Truth

My god. That POS Michael Vick got insulted? So what? Fark him. He should still be in prison.

Teach172

That's what happens when you grow up in Florida!

ROK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idiBH0RUz7s THIS **** IS CRAZY YOU HAVE TO WATCH THIS

BB not bb

I either type a comment and it vanishes into oblivion and sends me to the home page, I have to refresh at the technical difficulties page over and over, or now my comments are showing up under the wrong posts and multiple times.

Mumra the Ever Living

I'm wondering how many times Riley Cooper heard one of his African American teammates use the N word.
I wonder how many times Riley Cooper was listening to one of his African American teammates boom box and the Rapper said the N word - or that matter call a woman a bitch.
I'm wonder how many times Riley Cooper was listening to one of his African American teammates say he was going to "Fuque that N-word up" when refering to an opposing player.
I'm wondering if somewhere in his alcohol addled brain that night if he didn't revert to the ghetto speak that he no doubt hears EVERY DAY from his African American teammates.

Mumra the Ever Living

Jesu Christu TMZ, when are you going to get your act together?
Buttons that don't work, "Technical Difficulties", and I just saw that I have a double post.
Since it's obvious that your "tech people" are still trying to figure out how to set the timer on their DVR, perhaps it's time to hire someone with an actual degree (High School or better) to come and work on your software.
This is fuqueing amatuerish.

Mumra the Ever Living

Jesu Christu TMZ, when are you going to get your act together?
This is fuqueing amatuerish.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments