Terrence Howard's Ex

He Sucker Punched Me

8/6/2013 3:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0806_michelle_ghent_terrance_howard_black_eye_tmz_article_launch
Terrence Howard
's ex-wife filed legal docs with a graphic allegation -- that the actor sucker punched her in the face, grabbed her by the neck and threw her against the wall.

In the docs -- obtained by TMZ -- Michelle Ghent alleges the brutality occurred during a trip last week to Costa Rica.  She says the fight started after she told Terrence she had no interest in firing up a relationship with him -- they divorced in May.

Michelle says after Terrence hit her, he glared at her and walked over to a bedside table where he kept 2 curved knives -- 4-6 inches in length.

Michelle says she panicked and then pepper sprayed him.  At that point she claims Terrence knocked her down and then kicked her repeatedly in the head.

In addition to the black eye, Michelle says she suffered contusions and swelling.

And, she says, he referred to a prior warning he had given her on a trip to Bora Bora -- threatening to kill her.

For his part, Terrence claims in his legal docs that she made up the story to damage him, timing it for his movie premiere of "The Butler."  Terrence claims she threatened to kill him and he believes she's serious.  He also says she's been admitted to a psych hospital in the past.

Michelle got a temporary restraining order Tuesday, requiring Terrence to stay clear of her.

mr.howell

Lock him the F**k up! ASAP!..

Blim Jameson

Neither one of these people are completely innocent, but if she had stuck with the black eye via a punch story, it would be completely believable. But she goes on to say he started licking her in the head, etc., and if he had kicked her, her face would be very badly damaged. Because she went too far with her story, I'm not believing any of it. They got in a tussle.. She somehow got a black eye. He didn't sucker punch her.

Jordanfiend13

Jordan V Metallic/Black Size 10.5 http://bit.ly/1cIlS9w

rossi

This is nothin but ghetto luv. Theyll be caught hangin out again in a few months like chris brown and rhianna. They both are funky and now she's tryn to play the crowd for sympathy. His next he should play Ike Turner tho haha

mikedecook75

it's hard out there for a pimp

Jamalamadingdong

I bet, she went psycho, and beat herself then accused him of doing it...she has been ADMITTED into a looney bin before...

HillbillyHell

Hard to have much sympathy for her considering she went to Costa Rica with him AFTER in threatened to kill her on an earlier trip.

Tammy LM

I'm so disappointed by this one.

I'm such a huge fan of Terrence Howard. I so didn't want this to be true about him but I've often gotten this vibe from him that he's got a really explosive tempor. I remember reading things about how strict he is with his kids. I respect that to a degree yes, it shows he cares and is aware of the dangers out there and wants to keep a secure hand on his kids, but he did seem "overly" strict, and in "don't wake the warden" style.
Even still, he for some reason came across as being someone that you really didn't want to piss off if you know what i mean. Then the allegations of domestic abuse and I was just thinking, "what a shame. I so didn't want him to really be like that". Such a dissappointment to find out.

Though I gave him the benefit of the doubt as much as possible. He's a truly talented actor and extremely underrated in my most humble opinion, and I see that it discourages him that he's taking acting very seriously and time and time again it seems he just doesn't get the recognition he seems to feel he deserves for his work as well. That being said, He seems to be a perfectionist as well, which can also add to stress. That's not an excuse. Just a reason why I can see why this is the way he is. At first I considered perhaps she is just a woman scorned and is trying to damage his reputation in bitterness. But this last time......Look, she's got a HUGE black eye. The woman looks like someone hit her in the head with a damn hammer. Don't tell me she did that to herself now? Don't insult my intelligence like that. SOMEBODY beat the brakes off her. Who was it? She's got a serious injury there. I'm not willing to believe she blacked her own damn eye people, no matter how much I like Terrence's acting! C'mon now.

And being on a vacation with your ex doesn't look suspitious. For crying out loud, look how close Dwayne Johnson is with his ex wife. They still go on vacations together too. Maybe they were trying to reconcile and it went bad. Just because she's an ex doesn't mean they have to never speak to one another again. But if there is a child that was maced also, then perhaps the police have spoken to him too and he gave them the same story she did. It's just too hard to believe Terrence now when she's clearly got a black eye.

And for Terrence to use the fact she's been in a psych ward in the past is nothing but an indication of guilt to me. You don't use that as a reason to say you didn't hit someone. Just because she was hospitalized doesn't mean she's a pathological liar. Why the hell is that?????

Why is it that if someone has sought help for depression, or anxiety, or has been suicidal or has had any mental or emotional trouble, the public immediately translate that into. You're a LIAR with no credibility? Being depressed has nothing to do with LYING. Even having suffered a nervous breakdown has nothing to do with LYING. She's clearly not crazy. So for Terrence to suggest that looks like he's trying to cover something up. I hate to admit this, but I firmly believe he's a wife batterer now and this is so disappointing. I wanted him to be the stand up guy he portrays in so many movies. Terrence, using text messages she sent in anger.....really? Where'd the black eye come from? Let me guess...... She fell?

mojam

Hope she sends him to jail, were he belongs!

The WWW

They should both go to jail for stupidity.

Chitwn96

Apparently he doesn't learn from his mistakes from previous altercations he continues to mess with girl instead of leaving her alone, he's asking for it. Just leave the girl alone if u claiming she's crazy, she's bringing u down right with her!

joe

hey **** you *** saying that Hannah and ethan kid **** you there not just kid there family so **** watch when your kid missing bet it wont be just a kid

CyndiChainsaW

He probably made her need the mental hospital. Well, I guess she likes those exotic trips he foots the bill on. This chick must be really codependent to keep going back to him. I hope you finally wished up, sister. Never been a fan of him anyway.

CyndiChainsaW

Wised up*

mikedecook75

Once you go blk you never go back