« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Phil Jackson

Fires Back At Kendrick Lamar

'You Need a Mentor'

8/13/2013 2:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0810-phil-jackson-kendrick-lamarYou tag Phil Jackson in a rap song, he'll tag you right back -- just ask Kendrick Lamar ... who got a free lesson in ego management from the Zen Master after droppin' his name in a new song.

67-year-old Jackson was definitely listening when 26-year-old Lamar called him out in Big Sean's new song, "Control" -- a song that includes the lyrics:

"Who the f**k y’all thought it’s supposed to be?
If Phil Jackson came back, still no coachin’ me
I’m uncoachable, I’m unsociable."

Jackson -- who's no stranger to dealing with egomaniacs (or people named Lamar) ... shot back on Twitter moments ago ... with a message aimed right at Kendrick:

“@kendricklamar it’s okay to be cocky and sure, but we all need somebody to lean on. Let’s just call it mentoring."

Can't argue with zen.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

spaceopera

ZZzzzzzz....snore...zzzzz...cough cough....zzzzzz

Sassy

Aw. How sweet.

Bob

Who cares!? Does this Kendrick Lamar have a college degree? Does anyone in the rap game have one? These guys are parasites that spit vile filth to gain a reaction in hope of selling albums. Shock and awe attention whores, today's music industry!

Simone

No good news today?

ohboy

YAAAAAAWN. This is why I listen to real music. All this cRap is about talking down on people and full of arrogance. In relation to what Bob said, respectable people go to college and make something for themselves. Sad when you make a spectacle of yourself and verbally attack others just to remain relevant. I'm talking to you Mr. Lamar. or is just Mr. Lame-ar.

Mumra the Ever Living

Hey Lamar, it's not just "I’m uncoachable, I’m unsociable", it's also "I'm uneducable, I'm unemployable".
You're not much of a rapper, I looked at your somewhat less than impressive discography.
I have a feeling you will be eating out of the dumpster behind the Burger King before too long.

The Real JJ

Stick to basketball phil. K-DOT all day!

janet

Who is this guy?

Mr Bob Dobalina

This is the greatest story ever. I can now sleep better knowing I've read the most informative story to hit this website since the beginning of time..

Dawk

Please don't comment if you don't understand Hip Hop. Rap, a branch of Hip Hop, is competitive by nature, much like a sport. These days rappers have lost sight of that. Kendrick has singlehandedly forced rappersto remember that.

Kev the Realist

What a shock another self-entitled moron so called rapper with no talent and evn less intelligence. Back to the ghetto you dumb ass.

thatsvagtastic

its so funny how all these middle aged white people come here talking sh*t about rap and rappers, just because you cant relate to the music or understand the topics doesn't make it bad music if you understood the culture of the music you'd be able to somewhat understand the content and the message they are saying and im not talking about bs radio rap im talking about real rap that has meaning behind the words....get it together people

Livvie

Lame...just go mediate.

DOUG

Oh This Guy Is nothing ! Phol Had Rodman Beat That !!

DOUG

F U C K RAP ! ITS S H I T MUSIC ANYWAY !!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments