'Hell's Kitchen' Winner

FAILED DRUG TEST

8/23/2013 6:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0823_janel_witt_article_getty
"Hell's Kitchen" champ Ja'Nel Witt tested positive for cocaine ... and that's why she wasn't allowed to accept the head-chef position at Gordon Ramsay's restaurant in Vegas ... TMZ has learned.

Talk about blowing a huge opportunity ...

Sources extremely familiar with the situation tell us ... Caesars Palace required Witt to submit to a drug test in order to take the job as head chef at the Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill, the position she earned after winning Season 11 of "Hell's Kitchen" earlier this year.

FYI -- Caesars has a notoriously strict drug policy ... and requires all employees to submit to drug testing.

But Witt bombed her test -- one source tells us she "failed miserably" -- and when Caesars found out ... they quickly kicked her ass to the curb.

But there is a silver lining for Witt -- we're told she WILL receive the $250k salary ... despite the fact she won't spend a single day in the kitchen.

Fun Fact -- $250,000 can buy roughly 10 kilos of cocaine ... depending on the quality.

Attempts to reach Ja'Nel were not successful.

Allen

It explains how she made that five course dinner in under 3 minutes.

PT

The results of these tests are supposed to be confidential. What's her name should sue the casino for failing to maintain her privacy.

Coolbreeze72

How totally stupid of her to screw up the deal of a lifetime...She will never get the opportunity at another job of that kind of quality now that it's out that she is a coke head...And I don't think it's right for her to get to keep the 250,000 either...

Bill O'Reilly

People can't just stay away from those god damn drugs...smh

scrufacelioness

Wasted opportunity. Smh

DTM

This is wrong of TMZ this feels like violating client/patient confidentiality. they were correct for not hiring her.... even though im pretty sure the higher up execs prob are on coke in many corporations.

LVFlame

True story: I recorded the season finale of this show. Attempted to watch it, but my DVR experienced recording issues. I didn't worry about it, I'll catch it onine somewhere. Ha. Then I find this article as I wind my day of work, down.... Priceless.

mallball

She claps for SOSA

Carl

You know society is going to hell in a handbasket when someone as well respected and seen in as high esteem as a Hell's Kitchen winner is busted for drugs.

les_p

why didnt use someone elses pee like the rest of us do?

ness2782

well here goes nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greeneyedjeepgirl

Wow, this doesn't surprise me, knew this chick was shady!!! My vote was always for Jon. Ramsey please bring Jon on, and not that squeaky voiced bitch!

Jennifer

I don't get why black people put unnecessary apostrophes in their names.

I DON'T GIVE A F

Wow... It only takes cocaine 72 hours to clear the system. Most people get popped for THC. Hope she gets help before its to late... "Cocaine is a helluva drug" - Rick James

Andrew

I did not see this season of Hell's Kitchen, but I can't believe you all believe TMZ, hook line and sinker. Show us the drug test results and I'll believe this rag of a mag.