Fat Joe

Turns Himself in to Prison

8/26/2013 11:09 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0826_fat_joe_article_tmz
Fat Joe has just turned himself in to prison to serve his 4 month sentence for tax evasion.

The rapper -- real name Joseph Cartagena -- is officially in custody at the Federal Detention Center in Miami.

As TMZ previously reported, Joe pled guilty back in December to stiffing Uncle Sam on a boatload of taxes for the years 2007 and 2008 ... more than $1 million total.

He originally faced up to two years in the slammer for the crime -- but was ultimately sentenced to just 4 months and a $15,000 fine, plus one-year supervised release.

062513_fat_joe_launch

Beast1479

TigerLily: all Federal Prisons are luxurious? They are? Have you ever heard of Luisburg, Levenworth??

GrilledCheese

Due to "overcrowding"- shouldn't he be released by now. Geez, B. Brown was released in ten mins. On his THIRD DUI, count'em- that's one, two, and drum roll please... Three!!!!

J

Spent all the money on food.

Rocky

Westley Snipes was sentenced to 3 years. Interesting

Nikki

Now everybody in the 202, throw your hands in the air 'cause Fat Joe is through

Now everybody in the 202, throw 'em up! Check it out

I'm a white boy, but my neck is red
I put Miracle Whip on my Wonder Bread

My face is pale, nah, I've never been in jail
Me and Buffy spend every winter at Vail

How many bitches have I slapped? Zero.
Unh! And Martha Stewart happens to be my hero

I grew up on a farm and I was born with no rhythm
Dr. Phil's my uncle and I like to hang with-him

I can't dance, I wear khaki pants, My middle name's Lance, My Grandma's from France

So maybe I'm wack, 'Cause my skin ain't black, But you can't talk smack, 'Cause whitey just struck back

Cj

Taxes are voluntary.....debtors prisons were to have been deleted from America decades ago yet if you don't pay your voluntary taxes, you go to prison. Gotta love this "free" country.

SAg

Shoulda payed his taxes instead of buying all those Air Jordans......

tmz addict

thats like 100% of what you and I would make in our lifetimes or 30% of what he will make in his entire lifetime...Have a good year!

Dakota

Fat Joe will get even fatter in 4 months

EunSong

What better time than when irrelevant?

Barry Soetoro

He better follow his own advice and "lean back" in the showers.

JBDragon

WOW, so instead of forking out 1 million in Taxes, he only has to pay out $15,000 and stay 4 months in Jail? What a bargain.

JuanRambo

It's stupid that other celebrities are getting prison time but not Lindsay Lohan... Damn Slut...

Anthony

You guys have this all wrong the guy was getting charged outragous amout of taxes when he stoped makeing money like he was he had to save that for rainy days he probly wont get money like he used
Free Fat Joe
Thats the white society for you

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2