'Love & Hip Hop' Star

ARRESTED

After Gas Station Beatdown

8/28/2013 2:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0828_lil_scrappy_tmz
Lil' Scrappy -- one of the stars of the VH1 show "Love & Hip Hop" -- was arrested at a Georgia gas station yesterday after getting into a fight with a guy who allegedly disrespected his girlfriend, TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement tells TMZ ... cops received a call about a brawl going down inside the gas station around 2:33 AM. We're told an off-duty police officer from Atlanta happened to be at the same gas station and sprang into action -- successfully breaking up the fight.

When on-duty cops arrived to the scene ... Scrappy and the other man were arrested for disorderly conduct and hauled to a nearby police station.

FYI -- the other guy in the fight was Kenny Rogers ... not "The Gambler" Kenny Rogers ... just a random guy who also happens to share the same name as the country legend.

We're told Scrappy was very cooperative once in custody -- and was released a short time later.

We spoke with Scrappy who insists Kenny Rogers was the aggressor -- "He was calling my girlfriend names and then put his hands on me ... so I had to lay them paws on him."

Scrappy's lawyer Mawuli Mel Davis tells us there's video that proves Scrappy was acting in self-defense.

Scrappy says he plans to cooperate with law enforcement moving forward -- and is now trying to focus on the next season of his reality show.

Chilly

What did he say to the prostitute that got him that upset?

Queen.of.the.Obvious

Does this man even make music?? I've only heard of him being on this show and being the son of a not-so-classy-or-educated woman. Does he actually have any sort of talent?

river rat

I once had a dog named Scrappy....dumbest damn dog I've ever seen.

rossi

There are soo any jokes I can insert here just off the other dude being named Kenny Rogers, that's funny. But if Scrap was protecting his woman's dignity then I won't harass him. Nothing wrong with a lil chivalry. If Scrap's accusations prove true I guess.

Chuggly

This is mind blowing. A f lister from a f list show mixing it up at a waffle shack????? What the H?

wtf

TNB

shewentwhoa

I'm sorry but I found this statement to be hilarious.

His paws? WTF is he a dog or something.

Peter Popoff

Somebody need to put then paws on Harvey

pj

Paws BITCH !

your_worst_nitemare

Scrappy used to dance with wigs before he rapped. No BS.

Denver

Why cant these m0r0ns use their real names? Like "Lil Scrappy" is better? Why didnt he just use "Scrappy Doo" so he can fight crime with his uncle Scooby?

alliekat

These endless stories about all these no name rappers and their tacky run ins with the law are getting flat boring. I dont know who any of these nobodys are and I don't care.

kells

Why even cover this story? My neighbors having a garage sale, maybe you can post a story about them. They're probably more relevant that these tools.

sandy

Scrappy said the guy disrespected his girlfriend. Is that against the law???? Laying hands on someone and being violent is "against the law". Respect is EARNED -- not DEMANDED!!!!! Luv their use of Disrespect. Every other word they use is "Disrespect".

palermo

Whenever I see a story about anybody named "Lil" I just keep right on moving ...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments