'Big Brother' Aaryn

Evicted

I'm Not Racist, I'm Just Texan

8/30/2013 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

083013_big_brother_aaryn_launch
Aaryn Gries
was evicted from the "Big Brother" house Thursday night ... and on her way out, she told Julie Chen she's not really a racist, she's just a misunderstood Texan.

Seriously ... Gries -- who mocked Asians, trashed black people and referred to a gay houseguest as a "queer" during her stint on the reality competition show -- had the cojones to look Chen in the face and say, "I did not mean to ever come off as racist."

Here's her ridiculous explanation:

"In Texas, we say things. Sometimes we joke and we don't mean it. I feel how bad it is being seen and how I've come across to people. I don't want to seem like that person."

Aaryn -- who told Julie she doesn't remember ever making a racist comment in the house -- added, "I apologize to anyone I offended for that. That was not meant to be serious and if I said those things, I feel horrible for that. I regret that."

Julie -- being the badass that she is -- didn't let Aaryn off the hook and READ some of the offensive comments right to Aaryn's face as Aaryn sat there like a racist, homophobic deer in headlights.

FYI -- Aaryn still has no idea she's been dropped by her modeling agency over her behavior in the house ... because she's made it to the "jury house" and will remain sequestered from the outside world until the show ends in September.

083013_julie_chen_launch

tayriley

uh, i'm a texan and she sure as HELL does not represent me. i do not have one single friend that would say any of those things that she did!! there are racists everywhere, it is not fair to blame it on the south. this is not 1954, it is the millennium.

BillFriar

I think Julie handled this exit interview perfectly! I loved the studio crowd laughter at Aaryn's responses even more!

Tomax

Why should she kowtow to what other people want? Stand by your beliefs. Showing weakness only encourages the made up controversy to continue.

Cheryl

This girl was beyond awful in the beginning, I mean the worst ever, but I also have to say, she got better, had she came in with the attitude she left with, she never would have had any issues.. Now her life is overas she knows it, and she doesn't have anyone to blame but herself, I hope she learns from this, there isn't anything funny about being racist or making racist comments!!!!

lynnyyy

Spoiler Alert!!! New HoH is... 😉

MS

Feel terrible for Aaryn. I would never want anyone to dissect the jokes and sarcastic comments I make and then laugh at me on national tv. People who have nothing to hide have nothing to fear. She's naive and can be a total bitch, but calling someone a racist is a very strong accusation to make to a complete stranger. She was edited as "the racist" which is sensationalism at it's finest. Interesting how Amanda has said and done way worse and nobody puts it as their top news story on TMZ.

LB

I LOVE THIS GIRL!!!!

JUstin

@MS - If don't find this woman disgusting , then wow ..

rancid candy

, Julie can stick it . enough already with sexuality racist bull. you hurt my feelings boo hoo. I hate these host that are holier than thou, you no oprah girlfriend . double snap fairie

Edwood

Hey Ya'll.
This biotch makes even a racist like me look good.
Grits and biscuits to all you chinamen!

T.D. Hen

I'm from Texas and I agree she is a typical WHITE TEXAN!!! They even want to change the word 'slave' in history textbooks to 'unpaid interns'!! She IS typical!!! Such an embarrassment to say this is MY STATE!! She's a bigot and it's NO JOKE!

rancid candy

JULIE CHEN IS A "BULLY"

darkhorse91

Wow. She really is stupid. Hope she doesn't breed.

FUT THE SHUCK UP

This chick is incredibly beautiful, LOVE HER!

K

Its only white people who get called racist. Ever