Dave Chappelle

HISSY FIT AT LIVE SHOW

Tells Off Crowd After Hecklers Interrupt

8/30/2013 6:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0830_dave_chapelle_01

Dave Chappelle went off on an angry crowd in Connecticut last night -- refusing to perform his material and telling the the audience to BOO THEMSELVES after he was heckled during the show.

Chappelle had only been on stage for a few minutes when he started to become irritated with some loudmouthed people in the crowd. As an act of defiance, Chappelle reportedly sat on his stool and with his mouth shut for several minutes.

Eventually, Chappelle grabbed the mic and told the crowd: "I f**ked up when I left my show, you know why? 'Cause my show only has to be 22 minutes of television. I could've went on television, I could've read the phone book for 22 minutes and I would've got $50 million dollars."

"I shoulda done that sh*t but my ego wouldn't let me. Tonight is different. Tonight my contract says 25 minutes and I have 3 minutes left. and when my 3 minutes is up, my ass is gone."

When people started to boo the comic, Chappelle responded, "You're booing yourself."

After the show, dozens of pissed off fans demanded a refund.

People seem to be divided over Chappelle's reaction -- with comics like Patton Oswalt blaming the crowd: "Dear Dave Chappelle's fans: He's one of the best comedians working, & you're not letting him do what he loves. Stop being a**holes."

Brian

Why doesn't the video match the description? Yes he stated the quote, but at no time did he just sit down and be quiet for the rest of his time? In fact, he mentions at the end of the video his time is up. The video is dated last night, so it must be the show they are referring to. What gives?

Derek

Having seen Dave do stand up in the past, I can tell you that it becomes REALLY damn annoying when every drunk idiot in the crowd is yelling "Im RIck James!" or other things from his show. I'd get pissed off too. I don't blame him.

SheDontCare

It you wanted to see the show you shouldn't have heckled go so yeah it's their own dang fault I wouldn't preform Infront of a bunch of a$$holes either good for him

AppleBitch

Maybe it's because he's not funny...

Coupe09

Fill those prescriptions Dave...

Bossy Potato

Mental problems.

cobrazombie

Did the audience call out "I'm Rick James, bitch!" like in 2004 when Dave also walked off the stage?

thehoch

I saw him in San Diego years ago and he pretty much did the same thing. He's got some real issues....I remember being pissed because he kept interacting with people just off stage about yelling things out to him and stuff like that. Here's the lesson for everyone...DON'T GO AND SEE HIM! When he can't get people to his shows, he finally realize why. F HIM! And I am a fan.

LisaL

Yeah, he's known to do this so... blame the a-holes that heckled him for ruining everyone elses night.

Kiloshi

**** you Dave! You were and now your not! Go back to your terrorist **** face!

blueyechica

Needs to get off that crack pipe.. another waste of talent

Potato boy

Each and every person who was talking at Dave and ruining the show was black. Dey caint hep demselves.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

It's probably because his ass went sober.

I dont care

He sounds like dane cook now

Los Pepes

This clown is an overrated douchebag
Anyone who would give up 50 mill is a freakin moron