Kanye West

Paid Millions to Perform

In Borat Land

9/1/2013 12:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0901_kanye_Kazakhstan_gettyKanye West raked in MILLIONS of dollars this weekend to play a gig in ... wait for it ... waaaaait for it ... KAZAKHSTAN!!! Very nice.

Our Central Asian sources tell us ... Kanye was invited by President Nursultan Nazarbayev to perform at his grandson's wedding Saturday night in Almaty at the Hotel Royal Tulip. Very nice.

We're told Kanye was paid a hefty sum -- in the neighborhood of $3 mil -- to perform his big hits, including "Can't Tell Me Nothing". One of the wedding guests posted this video of KW on stage.

FYI -- Kazakhstan's prez is reportedly worth billions, and is considered by some to be an ardent dictator who rigs elections. In 2011, Sting backed out of a paid gig for Nazarbayev due to alleged mistreatment of oil workers in the country. Not so nice.

OTHER FACTS ABOUT KAZAKHSTAN: Sacha Baron Cohen did NOT invent it for "Borat." It was once part of the Soviet Union. Its currency is a Tenge. Oil and livestock are a pretty big deal.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

fleabag73

Yep, he's a Kardashian now.....LOL

A

Nazarbayev is not a dictator.
I'm from Kazakhstan. And we have Democracy.
Even more than USA.
But I think it's too much for wedding...

Phil

That was the actual record video:

Tubby

Stay over there you talentless whiny little twerp!

Kz

Kazakhstan is not Borat Land !!!!
Just come come to my country & you'll see how beautiful country it is / how beautiful ladies are and how brave the guys are!!!
My president IS NOT Dictator! He is one of the greatest persons. I believe in his strategy and opportunity he is giving to the youth!
You ****ers know only to blame smb sitting at computer
ALGA KAZAKHSTAN!
f*****g s****d producer of the movie just come to see my country!!!! I'll personally show around how my people is living!!!

GoPeytonLuck

I'm the man... I said it...

skatrin

That did NOT look like a 3 million dollar performance. Oops.

Beaners

Kazakhstan, Kardashian doesn't matter this Low Life doesn't care how he earns a Buck! He should have not been allowed back into the US...

bill

n i g g e r s got to get paid. they will do almost anything for money. I'm sure one thing he would do for free is s u c k c o c k .

sherri

Well, NO BODY in the USA would be stupid enough to pay that kind of money to him..........

noirkervin

SO SICK OF YOU ALL HATING ON THIS MAN CAUSE HE MADE 3 MILLION BUCKS ..IF 99.9 %OF YO WAS IN HIS SHOE YOU WOULD DO THE SAME THING . AINT NO WAY IN HELL I WOULD TURN DOWN 3 MILLION BUCKS .TO DO A 1.3 HOUR TO 2.3 HOUR SHOW ..HELL J-HOEPAZ DID THE SAME THING AND I DID NOT HEAR ANY OF YOU CALLING HER OUT OF HER NAME

AV

Jennifer Lopez “The Bronx-born bombshell earned more than $9 million from fees earned entertaining “crooks and dictators from Eastern Europe and Russia,” according to a report from the Human Rights Foundation, the same dictator country that United States is going to war with (Syria).
For $2,5 million, J.Lo sang “Happy Birthday Mr. President” to Turkmenistan dictator Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov this summer.
Once ousted, she apologized, but did not give money back or hand it over to nonprofit groups that help victims of the rights-abusing regimes.

Buy Beats

It's incredible the amount of money being wasted!

Buy Beats

Aidar Bekmambetov

Americans don't be so ridiculously stupid, just take a look at a map and open your mind before announcing this news!!!!
Nazarbaev is a great leader and not the dictator, just look what may be going on in Syria by your the first afro-american presider

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8