« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

M.I.A.

I'm Taking Super Bowl Heat

For Slutty Cheerleaders

9/23/2013 4:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

M.I.A. is refusing to pay the NFL a dime for flashing her middle finger during the Super Bowl last year ... because she thinks a group of crotch-flashing cheerleaders were way more offensive.

The singer posted a video today, claiming the girls -- who shared the stage with M.I.A. and Madonna -- were all under 16 with their "hips thrusted in the air, legs wide open, in this very sexually provocative position."

Watch the video ... M.I.A. kinda comes off like a tool, saying she was just being "punk rock" -- while the girls were really outta line.

If you missed it ... the NFL has been in a secret legal battle with the 38-year-old singer over the bird flip ... with the league demanding she pay $1.5 million for breach of contract.

Doesn't sound like M.I.A. plans to bow -- she referred to the whole mess as a "powerful corporation d**k shaking."

092313_mia_superbowl_launch

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ocdiva76

It is stupid to be fined over the finger no one saw. The cheerleaders only do one pelvis thrust on the floor that I would deem not ok for a 16yr old. Whose idea was it to put 16yr. olds in a Madonna performance, anyway? M.I.A is 38!? What i've seen of her she acts more immature, her videos scream I just hit legal age! That's sad, even sadder than Madonna trying to stay relevant.

ocdiva76

Ok, so M.I.A would rather be seen as (or blame Madonna) sexualizing 16 yr. old girls, instead of just a bird flip...idiot!

worldclass

That's all fine and good but she was a part of the slutty cheerleader show and was more than likely paid handsomely. It wasn't a problem that she was part of such a thing till she was reprimanded. Where was her rebel spirit when she condoned the performance by taking part in it? She has legs she could have walked out. She gets a huge give me a break from me.

StuckInFlorida

If Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake weren't able to avoid the consequences of their "wardrobe malfunction", this no-name talentless hack certainly won't be able to. She's probably broke and CAN'T pay the fine.

Leopold Stotch

Who is she?

Jenna5960

I am so glad I missed that ghetto fabulous show.

Dan

Pay your damn fine or whatever it is and take your medicine for being a moron that did something incredibly stupid.

David Addison

MIA is WRONG. She contractually agreed to and signed a contract with the NFL stating no obscenities. Regardless of the behavior or history of the NFL, she breached the contract, an agreement she made and signed. It's her behavior that caused that to happen, not the NFL's.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4