Britney Spears

Dines In No Alcohol Zone

But ...

10/7/2013 4:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1007_britney_spears_lobbylounge_composite
Britney Spears
dined out last night with her boyfriend and a bunch of his friends ... and alcohol became an issue.

The group of 8 went to dinner at the Four Seasons Hotel in Westlake Village, near L.A.  We're told before Britney arrived, a few people in the group ordered drinks at the bar.  They all then went to their table in the restaurant, leaving the drinks behind.

Here's the deal ... Britney -- who once had a serious drinking issue that caused the custody judge to order her to undergo random testing -- has laid down the law with friends -- no one drinks when she's at the table.  Someone who was there tells TMZ ... a waitress came by and brought a glass of wine that one of the women had been drinking, and apparently the woman knew the drill and said the waitress was mistaken -- she wasn't drinking wine.

Apparently ... it was too much for at least one of the people to take.  We're told once Britney left ... one of the guys at the table made a beeline for the bar, ordered 3 vodkas in rapid succession and got kinda wasted.

Cheers.

0916_britney_spears_through_footer

Ron Fing Swanson

I would have brought me a 12 pack and chugged like I was stone cold Steve Austin right in front of this goof.

antigirlygirl

She's trying too hard to look happy in this pic. She looks annoyed....

Mdchef

Really...stupid...story.

davej

What a pain in the ass. Its all about me... dont drink in front me. Weak and self centered people. Celebrity thats the sickness

amazinglybored

I'm surprised TMZ didn't try and start a pregnancy rumor from this.

cristiana

if they really cared about her, it wouldnt be a big deal not to drink around her! they should be happy for her that she made the right decision and chose to stay alcohol free! what selfish people!

ant

I love her, so proud of her for working at staying sober!

Mdchef

Really...stupid ...story.

Madein1983

She looks a little old in this pic.. like older than she should look.. :/

Madein1983

As for you ppl saying its selfish, youre wrong. Its hard to be a recovering addict amd be around your drug of choice. Obviously her friends were raised with manners and respect, unlike some of you :/

Liz

Why does the headline imply Spears took alcohol into an alcohol-free zone? She did nothing wrong. If some guys got wasted AFTER she left, how is that her fault?

ohboy

Seriously, does she not have the will power to refuse the urge to drink if someone next to her is drinking? Come on now, I drank for almost 20 years, and when I quit I didn't force people around me to walk on egg shells if they wanted to drink. IF YOU QUIT, YOU QUIT. It doesn't matter if that drink is across the room or right next to you. This chick is ridiculous.

Be a little inappropriate~

Wait are y'all tying to make this a bad thing? oh noes the according to you recovering alcoholic has friends who respect her enough not to drink in front of her, the horror.

zanthia1020

You go girl!

Carl

Wow, what a pointless story you've just shared.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments