« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Soccer Star Abby Wambach

Marries Girlfriend

In Hawaii

10/8/2013 3:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1008-Abby-Wambach-Sarah-Huffman-espys
Abby Wambach is officially off the market ... TMZ has learned the Team USA soccer superstar got hitched to her longtime girlfriend this weekend at a fancy resort in Hawaii.

Multiple sources confirm ... Abby and pro soccer player Sarah Huffman swapped "I dos" on Saturday at the Villas at Po'ipu Kai on the island of Kauai.

We're told the ceremony went down at sunset ... right on the beach ... in front of the couple's closest friends and family members.

Sources say it was a very intimate gathering -- attended by several members of the Team USA soccer team, including Alex Morgan and Sydney Leroux (see below).

leroux-morgan-instagram
The couple -- and their guests -- spent the past few days doing all sorts of fun activities, including hikes, cliff diving and even a boat trip.

Congrats!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Tony Barolin

My god, what a disturbing image.

Ron Fing Swanson

Lol@ the chick in the black dress in the back, she's like wtf is going on here.

Metta Worldhate

Why don't lesbians want to be attractive?

liberal racist

yahoo just had an article on the poorest cities in the country. all in the south, so you know where the people posting anti gay are from.

nobrashevonne

Alex Morgan is not gay and so what if she is. She's gorgeous!

karlew

I can't stand Scabby Abby. It has nothing to do with her being gay, it's her big mouth whiney ways on the field that drives me crazy.

OK

I read an article a couple of years ago about Abby and she mentioned she would like Angelina Jolie to play her if they made a movie about her life. The site asked who do you think should play Abby? The first comment I read was I think Zach Galifanakis should play him or her not really sure. Anyhoo it cracked me up.

joecrabs

Aww, isn't that sweet.. Eerrrr, I mean, great job, bro! Good catch. Umm, wait. I'm confused.

KOKOPELLeigh

Congratulations! Sounds like it was an amazing wedding and that the guests had fun! Way to stand proud against all the ignorant and homophobic people...especially some of the closed minded people here on TMZ.
Grow up and educate yourselves people.

Clyde T.M. Nestra

Twenty-one comments before a Congratulations! Three Congratulations! out of thirty-three comments.
Pretty grim stats regarding TMZ commenters.

Miva

Congrats to Abby and Sarah, bumped into Huffy's bio with tons of pics here http://fabwags.com/pro-soccer-player-sarah-huffman-is-soccer-star-player-abby-wambachs-wife/

hbk72777

Why does every lesbo marry someone that looks EXACTLY LIKE THEM?

Scott Levy

Good for them. Lesbians are so sexy.

cobrazombie

Even lesbians have about the same goal scoring rate in marriage as straights. In other words, you write your names in the books you own even when gay.

grumpiestoldman

The short haired one is the guy and does all the work in bed. That's how it was explained to me by my lesbian friends.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments