« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Deion Sanders

I Didn't Choke SLAM School Worker

... But We Did 'Lock Up'

10/10/2013 11:07 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1010-deion-sanders-tmz
Deion Sanders tells TMZ ... he did not CHOKE SLAM an employee at the school he co-founded ... but acknowledges there was a physical confrontation.

Cops in Dallas are investigating violent allegations made by Kevin Jefferson, the CFO of Prime Prep Academy ... a charter school Deion co-founded last year.

According to Jefferson, Sanders flew off the handle after learning that some of the school's student athletes were not doing well in their classes.

Jefferson says Sanders got "upset and a little emotional" and then "grabbed me by my throat and kind of threw me to the ground."

But Sanders says it's all BS -- telling TMZ, "We locked up with one another ... but he was not physically assaulted."

He adds, "He's looking for a pay day. I did nothing to that gentleman that warranted an assault."

Sanders later tweeted, "The Person claiming assault is a fake administrator whom does absolutely nothing to help the school,kids or teachers reach our goals. Truth."

He added, "I won’t sit&witness my PrimePrep kids receive 2nds when they deserve the BEST EDUCATION!"

Deion says he'll cooperate fully with the investigation -- so far, he's not been contacted by police.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

real deal

HE LOOKS LIKE A CALIFORNIA CONDOR

KicksandGiggles

I don't know how Sander's eye balls stay white he is so full of crap. If Jefferson was so lousy, why was he not fired before this incident? Yeah, some grand example both showed the kids. Morons.

Celeb Gossip Addict

I don't condone him resorting to violence, but I'm loving that he takes the children's education so seriously. Hopefully he held the students accountable as well.

Ozzie X

I remember when Dion made an attempt at a musical career. All he talked about was how much money he had. Now, not so much. If you care about your future invest.

NOT ELMO

but acknowledges there was a physical confrontation...................lock him up

bart

As an owner of the school if he even put one finger on the guy he is guilty. If you are uh happy with someone's work you can fire them but you cannot lay a hand on them. Hope he less in court. Just because you are famous you can't live by different rules. Thought he already had anger management issues.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2