Joe Scarborough

QUIET DIVORCE

... After 12-Year Marriage

10/10/2013 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1009_joe_scarborough_gettyJoe Scarborough -- host of MSNBC's "Morning Joe" -- quietly divorced his wife of 12 years back in January ... TMZ has learned.

The 50-year-old former Florida congressman filed the divorce docs in Connecticut back in September 2012 ... seeking to end his marriage to Susan Waren, a former aide to FL Gov. Jeb Bush. The two were married in 2001.

The former couple have 2 minor children together -- a 10-year-old and a 5-year-old.

There have been rumors for years that Scarborough has a thing for his "Morning Joe" co-host Mika Brzezinski (who is married btw). And the sexual tension between the two is so apparent, they addressed it during a media event in 2009 ... denying having any sort of romantic feelings for each other.

1009_Mika-Brzezinski_joe_scarborough_getty2It's not Scarborough's first brush with divorce -- the conservative pundit ended his 1st marriage to Melanie Hinton back in 1999 after 13 years together. Joe and Melanie had 2 children together, who are now adults.

update_bar
2:50 PM PT -- Joe and Susan tell us they "are still close friends" and remain focused on raising their children. They added, "This was a difficult decision but after much prayer and counseling, we concluded it was the right one for our family."

Non Sequitur

Mike is hot!

Sammie

Conservative Pundit? Are you kidding me? This guy is a Lib - I could call myself Green but it wouldn't make it so.

joe

what really happened to lori klausutis??

Keedee

I watch them each and every day. Never picked up any sexual tension between them. I'm shocked he's divorced but unfortunately, it happens.

fixxin2

Don't get Mika's appeal AT ALL. She comes across as conceited, insincere and intolerant of anyone disagreeing with her opinions. AND, her looks are too "hard" to be truly attractive.

Lilly

Joe, Joe, Joe You will never learn will you?

Susan

Both of these people are phonies, big time. Can't stand to watch the show unless I happen to see an interesting person is going to be on. MSNBC - dump them both,please.

jim Kraskouskas

I'm not surprised, I'm only surprised that Barnicle is on the show. He acts like a Boston Icon after he dissed Boston so many times when he got fired from the Boston Globe. Barnicle is as much Boston as is Ted Cruz.

Fred Farkel

AS much as I seriously hate MSNBC - I will admit that I love Mika.

Dianne

Sexual tension between them? When? Where? What I've seen is Joe cutting her off, interrupting her, talking over her, and Mika often rolling her eyes, or staring at the camera with a knowing look---the look of annoyance. He may have it for her, but I really don't think it is mutual.

Vote2012

First of all this clown is not a conservative, he is not even considered a Republican. He is a joke, the ratings on his morning show are extremely low but for some reason MSNBC does not pull the plug. Who actually watches this show? It is painful to watch. I would not be surprised if he is tapping his co host, she is also a big joke. The only reason she is on TV is because of her father,.

D. McClain

WHERE IS MAX??????????????????????????????????????

flamoon

Mika looks like a man.

Christiepoo62

Let's readdress Joe being a Conservative...he is soooo not a Conservative!!!! He likes to claim he is but that is so far from the truth. Just listen to him some morning and judge for yourself! Guess Mika made him change sides!! I always thought he had a thing for Mika anyway!!

Jack

Betcha the best man will be Rachel Maddow. And the lady-in-waiting wikl be ed schutz.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments