« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dies From Injuries

10/11/2013 8:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1011-adrian-peterson-02

update_bar
3:00 PM PDT:
Peterson just sent a series of Tweets: "God Bless everyone and thank u so much. The NFL is a fraternity of brothers and I am thankful for the tweets, phone calls and text messages from my fellow players. Thank you to my family, my fans and fans of other teams for their support."

gray-bar-update

Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son has died ... cops have confirmed.

Cops believe Peterson's son was severely beaten by 27-year-old Joseph Patterson, the man who was dating the mother of the NFL star's child.

As we reported, the mother of the child has decided to donate the child's organs to people in need.

The boy was on life support since 5:30 PM Thursday ... but his condition never improved ... so family members made the decision to take the child off the ventilator.

Sources tell TMZ .. Adrian was informed about the situation before the news went public.

We're told Peterson will be planning the funeral with other members of the boy's family.

Patterson was initially arrested in Sioux Falls, South Dakota for assault and battery of an infant -- and now, it's almost certain the charges will be elevated to murder.

The details surrounding the beating are unclear -- but cops say medical responders were called to the apartment where the child was living on Wednesday evening ... and he was unresponsive when help arrived.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Deborah Vierra

I think it's f***ed up that in less than 24 hours the plug was pulled...didn't even give him a chance for some kind of miracle... I hope they can live with that.. I certainly could not.. I mean why the hurry to make the decision to end his life..??

britianym

RIP baby boy. My condolences to AP and all his family!!!

Matthew

if America reinstates death penalty to those who bring death to another human being nation wide, that's the only way the killings will stop.

If you watch the t.v show first 48 hrs, many of those folks are busted red handed, served,charged and released or charges dropped or sentences of 5 yrs are given, for taking someones life.

Sad indeed. only punishment for taking someones life should be ending the life of those who committed these kind of crimes.

Livvie

This is awful, poor baby. :-(

JA

How awful.

kimberli f johnson

Im disgusted with the commentary on this page.. Who gives a **** if he was with the mom if he acknowledged the kid or whatever. The baby is dead due to senseless violence.

Gretchen

My heart goes out to the Peterson family.

bjay

This makes me very, very sad. Prayers to A.P. & family. Their baby is an angel now.

ASHLEY

Joseph Patterson is not a man, he's a monster who just took an innocent boys life.
I sincerely hope he rots in jail for the rest of his miserable existence.
God bless to the Peterson family

HANNAH

BEAT HIM UP THEN HANG HIM!!! R.I.P LITTLE BOY

*_* JUST A FRIEND *_*

...Any adult that that abuses any defenseless kid in any-way-shape-or-form, deserves to have their ass reamed-to-a-pulp...

lulu brown

u stupid woman stop having ur so call man that is not the child father away from boyfriends , u are to blame!

Sherron

Where was the mother? I blame her as well for hanging with such trash! This coward would never beat on a man. Just helpless babies! I hope he gets the death penalty...

ELLEN

MY THOUGHTS AN PRAYERS GO OUT TO ADRIEN PETERSON FOR THE LOST OF HIS SON.WHAT A TRADGIC THING TO DO TO AN ENICENT CHILD...I HOPE HE ROTS IN PRISON FOR WHAT HE DID...

Ciccel

That's just awful. Poor little Soul. Too the mother of this little Angel you left with this walking dead man . His number up. But what about u. ? F#cking WHORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!