Tim Meadows

'I Will NEVER Watch SNL Again'

12/9/2013 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

120913_snl_bill_brasky_launch
Tim Meadows WENT OFF on "Saturday Night Live" this weekend -- saying he'll NEVER WATCH THE SHOW AGAIN after they excluded him from a throwback sketch.

Meadows -- who appeared on the show from 1991 to 2001 -- swore off the show after watching the "Brasky Bar Guys" bit ... a reoccurring sketch he often appeared in during his time with the show.

Meadows tweeted: "They did Brasky without me" ... adding, "Not even a 'hey would you want to come to do one line and bring your kids to see the 5 directions...?' Nothing... Wow..."

"I will never watch SNL again."

Meadows also explained why he thinks he's persona non grata -- and it traces back to his movie, "The Ladies Man."

"Sorry the ladies man bombed," Meadows wrote ... "If it would have done better they wouldn't treat me like a red-headed step child."

After the rant, Tim cooled down and seemed to back off his comments ... saying, "I'm not mad at the show. I know what it takes to produce those sketches in a short amount of time. I talked to a friend on the show who said it WAS a last minute sketch."

"I acted like a baby. I'm happy for all of my friends success and will always be grateful and proud to have been a part of SNL. That being said don't forget to see 'Anchorman 2' coming soon to a theater near you."

Fun Fact: "The Ladies Man" bombed so bad it took SNL 10 years to make another movie.

1209-subasset-tim-meadows2

Compassion

Sour grapes much?

Craparazzi

Ladies Man was a good movie.... SNL is for white people he shoulda got with IN LIVING COLOR he'd be a star today....

SallyROSENBERG

I love Tim Meadows!! He's so funny he needs more work in the industry.

Drakulio

The Ladies Man is a hilarious movie, that I own and love.

Yurra Knutz

He was very good in the Oceans 11 series.

What?

Yes he was!!

phil osopher

Tim, you are a very funny guy. Will Farrell must be getting on his knees a lot to get where he has got because as far as I'm concerned he's not funny. SNL hasn't been funny in decades. Count your money and call yourself a lucky guy.

TippyToeLA

Tim, as much as I love you, I had no idea that you were part of that (unmemorable) sketch. It wasn't that good anyway, so maybe it's a blessing. Chin up, buttercup! You're better than that!

Americentric

White people excluding Black people from working? and on SNL? This NEVER happens!! SHOCKER! In other news, it's Monday. Maybe he can join hands with all the other unemployed Black people and sing a Negro spiritual.

Someone does not have impulse control.
`
Ranted in writing.... then learned the facts afterwards.
Too quick to throw SNL under the bus.... & anyone else.

Clyde T.M. Nestra

Incidentally, the word is "recurring"; there is no "reoccurring".

ShannBond

It's recurring. There is no such word as "reoccurring" Geezuz, don't you have editors?

CicadaDiva

I don't blame him one bit for feeling hurt. Old Lorne should have quit when he was ahead. SNL jumped the shark years ago.

Gata

"The Ladies Man," was the shazit to me and my friends. It was corny but good.

immamamma

If it makes him feel any better, nobody watches that no-talent show anymore.

Pablo Escabar

Ain't got nothin on Pootie Tang!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments