Trisha Yearwood

Pulls Out Of SeaWorld Gig

12/12/2013 10:19 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1211_trisha_yearwood_shamu_getty
Trisha Yearwood is the latest musical act to bail on a big music event at SeaWorld in Orlando -- and we're told it's all over the alleged shocking mistreatment of the park's killer whales.

Trisha follows the exits of Willie Nelson, Barenaked Ladies and Heart, all of whom pulled out because of revelations about whale abuse exposed in the CNN documentary, "Blackfish."

As for why Trisha bailed from February's event -- Bands, Brew and BBQ -- it's a little confusing.  Our Trisha sources say the singer hasn't seen "Blackfish," but she's heard all the fuss and that's enough for her.

And that's enough for us too.

imagine...

It's always nice to see that there are celebrities/musicians out there who will do the right thing. Forcing these beautiful animals to perform for the sake of amusement is wrong.

Mista steal yo hoe

She pulled out of seaworld gig, but I wouldnt pull outta her, jus sayin

JUNE BIRD

AUSSSIE DOLPHINS NEED US - SET THEM FREE - Hi there,
Seaworld on the Gold Coast in Australia, your time is up . Please sign the petition and visit Facebook page 'SEAWORLD SHUT DOWN'

Sue

Does anybody go there anymore???

naila costa

OMG TMZ.....!!!! thank you for being a voice for the animals!!!!!!

usernamehere

I've been to SeaWorld in Orlando and San Diego, but was young and didn't have a clue what went on there. I'd love my kids to experience the same fun as I had, but no way would I take them there now. I've changed my mind about swimming with dolphins, too. Used to want to, now feel it's repulsive.

Victoria Andreo

Just for the record, BLACKFISH was aired on CNN after it was released on DVD. This brilliant, conscience raising do***entary was directed by Gabriela Cowperthwaite.

freaksloan

What is sad is all you losers blasting SeaWorld, but you still love Obama as he is destroying this country.

You care more for animals than you do human beings.

Dave

Good for her; only senseless idiots would visit this park

DanaS

Just an FYI all these animals you want to set free would not likely survive if set free....do some research please

kitten roulaine

AllieHughes, this one's for you...my self esteem is quite in tact, but your sanity is questionable, as you have to be insane or a neighbor of Trish's to reply with "must be jealous". She's not relevant in my universe of sanity. Try a Thesaurus next round.

Karen

Oh but it is ok for her to break up a marriage with 3 small children involved dip ****

FUT THE SHUCK UP

Can't
Understand
Narcissistic
Tramps

bigbadbootydaddy

Blackfish is one sided, don't get me wrong great do***entary, but I can produce a 2 hour do***entary on ANY company in the world and bring in 5 to 10 disgruntled employees and paint a real nasty picture too. Bottom line Sea World does more good for our despite than they do harm, and most people wouldn't get to experience some of life's creatures without places like seaworld and Zoo. Funny, I got to seaworld all the time and the animals never seem malnourished, or I don't see whale trainers out with whips beating the animals. I've watched blackfish several times and still don't see why the backlash on seaworld. Seaworld breeds within, they aren't out kidnapping whales. I suppose no one has a fish tank? Do you have cats and dogs? Do you clothes? Do you eat turkey on thanksgiving? Do you eat scrambled eggs? Well guess what there are animals out there that are bread to give you those such luxuries .

jason

As if a movie maker cant manipulate facts. Look at micheal moore movies for god sake. I am sure seaworld is disgusted by this propaganda , It is unnatural for these big mammals to be in a pool for sure but there are worst things to worry about going on all over the world BTW. Does it seem natural when a killer whale plays with and tortures a baby seal before it bites it head off? nature can be VERY nasty. Look at it like that greenpenis, seaworld is saving seals from being eaten alive!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments