Phil from 'Duck Dynasty'

Man Ass Can't Compare to Vagina

12/18/2013 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1218-phil-robertson-01

update_graphic_red_bar
4:55 PM PT --
A&E just dropped the hammer on Phil ... putting him on indefinite hiatus. The network says its disappointed by his anti-gay comments -- which are his own personal beliefs and not reflective of "Duck Dynasty" or the network.  A&E says it supports the LGBT community.

update_graphic_red_bar
8:15 AM PT --
Phil's trying to backpedal by releasing a statement through A&E in which he says, "I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me."

But he's still doing some thumping ... adding that the Bible teaches "women and men are meant to be together."
update_grey_gray_bar "Duck Dynasty"
 patriarch Phil Robertson is blasting gays ... and not in the usual Bible-thumping way -- instead he's going off about the benefits of vagina as compared to a man's a**hole.

Robertson went on a rant about religion, homosexuality, and a bunch of other things in an interview with GQ -- saying, "It seems like to me, a vagina -- as a man -- would be more desirable than a man's anus. That's just me."

He adds, "There's more there! She's got more to offer. I mean, come on dudes! But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man."

Phil continued his verbal attack by claiming society's become too accepting of sin. He says, "Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and those men ... they won't inherit the kingdom of God. It's not right."

Will you watch Duck Dynasty?

As for whether his comments will affect "Duck Dynasty" ratings -- Phil doesn't seem concerned about the show's long term future, saying ... "It's a TV show. This thing ain't gonna last forever. No way."

So, we gotta ask ...

urnexx

I adore this guy! He stands for good old fashioned values and Ican support that! But Ialso don't concern myself with what grown people do in their bedrooms at night. That's none of my bizness!

Tona

Love them people and will still be watching!! He dont care about the show, he cares about what God says.

M.T

So what! Hes entitled to his opinion and atay true to his beliefs just like everyone else.

Renee

Holy cow people! Are you really that surprised? And as a LGBT ally I don't see how this is a homophobic rant...It's opinionated for sure, but he isn't pushing his beliefs on anyone or condemning others. He simply stated what he personally feels. I think it's great that he says keep loving all and that the final judgment is up to God. I'm actually impressed with his honesty and the fact that he's miles ahead of many other older generation Christians.

brandiwest

we can believe what and who we want,this is our beliefs.this country is bullcrap...i love phil!!!

LP

I don't watch this show to begin with because there is absolutely ZERO appeal. The only one that even seems close to having their head on straight is Willie and he's the one that has been getting the most attention out of the group. These guys are a freaking joke.

pattin

n this is TMZ people, not Mother Angelica Live. Take ur religious nonsense elsewhere. ain't nobody got time for that (finger snaps)

Glenn

The people who watch this show could probably care less

CelebJustice

He's entitled to his beliefs just like everyone else is. Watch as this family is bullied and belittled by the "love and acceptance" crowd. Don't like it, don't watch.

Dee0709

He doesn't hide the fact that he doesn't agree with this or that. He's an old, sexist, homophobic, backwoods redneck what do you expect?

TwinkleNeav

Normally I wouldn't, but he just shed new light on this topic. I completely agree with him. :)

ann

who cares everyone has the right to believe what ever they want. i love the show will still watch:)

steve

I am totally with him. It is a sin he's right and he is a god fearing man. Everyone is too accepting these days.

Rick

Phil is genuine, and hilariously points out an obvious question, what does another dude offer physically that a women can't.

JAMES

TMZ....WAY TO POST THE WHOLE INTERVIEW. IF YOU HAD YOU WOULD HAVE NOT LIED. HE FIRST QUOTED A BIBLE VERSE. GET YOUR REPORTING ACT TOGETHER.