'Duck Dynasty'

Cracker Barrel Bails On Phil's Products

12/21/2013 12:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1221-phil-duck-dynasty-cracker-barrel
Cracker Barrel has become the first sponsor to cut bait with "Duck Dynasty" ... but not entirely.

The Southern-themed food chain reacted to Phil Robertson's anti-gay comments by removing "selected products which we were concerned might offend some of our guests" from their stores and restaurants.

We called a bunch of Cracker Barrel stores, and the managers told us the products that were removed were the ones that had Phil's face plastered on the packaging.  Almost to a person, the managers added, "We still offer a wide variety of Duck Commander products," and then we heard a click.

C.B. offers this explanation ... "We operate within the ideals of fairness, mutual respect and equal treatment of all people. These ideals are the core of our corporate culture."

As for most of the remaining products ... we're told you can find them in the sale bin.

Previous 15 Comments | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36

everymanv

my family and i eat at cracker barrel 2 to 3 times a week but never again and we are only 1 family but i am going to tell everyone i meet to never do so again they have the gall to punish phil robertson for his christian beliefs .what about the muslims who kill gays. why is it that you do not make a stand against that .but of course we christians are an easier target.

Splassher6

As if Cracker Barrel has alot of gay customers.... they've just lost a bunch of regulars though. Stupid move Cracker Barrel

JENNA8899

Don't you guys get it?! Cracker Barrel is completely behind Phil. They pulled all the Duck Dynasty products because A&E would receive royalties from the sales. Instead Cracker Barrel is only offering the Duck Commander Duck Calls because all those proceeds go directly to the Robertson family. Way to go Cracker Barrel for standing up for freedom of speech and freedom of religion.

mucklucky

CB thinks they can serve southern cuisine without grace. Ain't happening, Jack!

Beagledawg

Time to boycott Cracer Barrel. How can a small minority of homo's force people into think as they do. Who gives a rats petute what a psycological misfit thinks.

WyAzMan

Who cares about your comments . . he as a RIGHT to say what is wants . . . not that it is any of your business! Never liked Cracker Barrel anyway . . . worst Chicken Fried Steak I ever had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matthew

Picket Cracker Barrel today! Take 30 mins of your day to walk the parking lot with us. Stand up for free speech! It's happening. Check the news...

lapdogs

Thank you for standing against hate and I hope you will do more. This is not mere opinion but flagrant hate speech. Phil may be entitled to speak as he wishes but nothing on A&E is coming into my home, nor will I support any sponsor of A&E for now. It's my right - yes, I also have rights - to choose what I allow into my home, what I will support, and what I will stand against. For the record I have read some of his other ideas - it was better when blacks worked the cotton fields. They were happy. Men should pick only very young girls for brides - 15 or 16. 20 is way too old. Ask their daddy's first though. I don't support the return of slavery, sex with children, women as chattel, or open hatred of others. I'll be encouraging others to stand up for common decency as well.

SteveW

Cracker Barrel sounds like another facist run company. When we start worrying who we offend, then our freedom of speech is gone. If we all thought and acted the same way there would be no diversity. Diversity is what makes our nation great. To think that Phil is a hater is just lunicy. He couldn't be more just in his opinion. The I feel if the gay community want's to hang with the rest of us the need to quit being so sensative.

benny

I do not go to Cracker barrel. Food is no good and most of the time it is cold. also aver priced. Phil does not need cracker barrel or A&E

Previous 15 Comments | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36