Steve Martin

My Pasta Tweet Got Racial

SCUSA!

12/21/2013 9:23 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1221-steve-martin-gettySteve Martin learned an important lesson about lasagna last night ... the dish can get racial.

The SNL alum was cracking grammar jokes on Twitter .. when someone asked, "is this how you spell lasonia?"

Steve's response ... "It depends. Are you in an African-American neighborhood or at an Italian restaurant."

Seconds later the 68-year old actor deleted  the tweet and apologized.  But the floodgates opened, the original tweet went viral and Martin atoned again:  "I did apologize.  But again, a second later I realized what an offensive thing I'd done ... In retrospect, bad joke."

A penne for his thoughts.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

redd82282

Omg people are we know under gag order you can't say anything or joke about anything smh

tessa

I am offended by your offense.

rlemons

I love Steve martin. He's a great guy who's never done a bad thing to anyone. So he made a joke that was funny but a little tasteless, but said sorry second later. Move on. I'm getting so sick of this crap.

orksters

He's funny

Truth

America. Land of Pssys.

Thanks liberals.

J5236

Comedians joke about racial stuff all the time - that's why they are funny! =) I love Steve Martin!

PictureUp

he was born a poor black child.....he should get a pass!!

Dastarcity

As a black man I see absolutely nothing wrong here. He made a joke all be it a little tasteless but he realized it and appologized. Let it go and move on

Ummm..

I have always liked Steve Martin...but was that really necessary... What the hell does lasagna have anything to do with African Americans... Oh I get it... The insinuation that blacks are dumb... Yup that's hilarious... Why wouldn't any African American find that a random joke made at their expense insinuating their lack of intelligence offensive... But I guess we should all ignore it because he's Steve Martin and he's a comedic legend and such a nice guy

Milehigh

He is a funny comedian. Too bad he felt he has to apologize for a joke.

Rush Limbaugh

As the resident Black Man here, this is much ado about nothing. We joke about how we unintentionally mispronounce words that eventually evolve into colloquial terms.

static

The first funny thing he's said in 30 years and he runs away from it.

PINK PILGRIM SHOE

He's dumb, it wasn't even funny.

nick

But spelling annd intelegence are not related...u can be a bad speller and still be very inteligent vice versa

Susanlsmith