Paris Hilton

I'm One of the Top 5 DJ's in the World

... Seriously.

12/26/2013 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

122313_paris_hilton_dj_launch_v2
Laugh all you want ... but Paris Hilton claims she's one of the TOP 5 highest paid DJ's in the world.

The heiress dropped the bombshell at LAX, after returning from a trip to Moscow ... when we asked if her foray into the world of electronic music has been paying off financially.

Her response -- "I'm one of the top 5 in the world, so..."

Here's the thing, it's definitely possible ...  as we previously reported, Hilton inked a HUGE contract with one of the biggest clubs in Ibiza back in the summer after packing the house for several months in a row.

She didn't make the Forbes top 13 Electronic Cash Kings for 2013 ... but don't be surprised if she pops up on the list next year.

Still, Hilton has her work cut out for her ... the highest paid DJ in 2013 was Calvin Harris, who reportedly raked in $46 ... followed by Tiesto ($32 mil).  Even Pauly D made $12 mil.

update_graphic_red_bar
2:03 PM PT -- We did some digging ... and sources close to Paris tell us she makes between $100k and $350k per hour when she DJs.

Not bad ... not bad at all.

122313_paris_hilton_ibiza_launch

FLO

TMZ needs to use spell check as Ibizza has 2 Z's

Twilightstar

Paris is one very smart and rich chick. She just keeps working, traveling and focusing on her goals -- always smiling and looking super good all the time. That's the way you do it!

JD Sweet

I got this figured out so fast. She has other people creating mixes for her to play so all she has to do is hit the play button.

Paris darling, you aren't a DJ. You don't just become a DJ overnight claiming to be the best. I've been a DJ for 20 years and I can work 8 vinyl turntables at the same time. I bet you couldn't even handle 2 decks at the same time without losing beats.

If you want real entertainment, bring me into one of your nightclubs and I'll have that place packed with people coming in from all over. I am from Hollywood.

train wreck

the drugs kids are using these days must be really ****ing good because the music really sucks.

Pablo Escabar

She meant she has the top 5 STD's in the world. She misunderstood the question asked.

abby

Still laughing.

svt

Yea right. Liberace was my father. Believe that.

Scary

So, in other words, she finally found a career for all that talent of hers.

Gofast430

The best thing I ever saw her do Is suck a big ****. Seemed to do that REAL WELL.

STFUP

She won't make next year's list. She'a making that claim based on one or two shows where she was WAY overpaid.

Jordan

What is Nicki doing?

Rey

Doesn't mean she's any good

hotwasabi21

There's a difference between BEING one of the Top 5 DJs in the world and being one of the Top 5 highest PAID DJs - she's a commodity because of her international notoriety, not because she's the best in the biz...

urnexx

All she had to do was destroy cisco adler!

laffnbear

The old adage must be right.
"It's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you blow.