'Shipping Wars' Star

Dead

After Suffering Heart Attack

1/19/2014 12:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0118-roy-garber-ae
One of the stars of the A&E show "Shipping Wars" died Friday night after suffering a heart attack ... TMZ has learned.

Roy Garber -- a popular character on the hit show -- was rushed to a hospital in Texas after suffering a heart attack and passed away shortly after -- this according to his long-time girlfriend.

Sources close to the family  tell us Roy had a heart condition for some time.

A rep for the show says they are "deeply saddened by the loss of a member of the A&E family."

He was 49-years old.

Z

How sad! Roy was always my favorite character. Called it like he saw it and travelled with his cat. He will be missed. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Rest in peace, Roy.

trini_angel

OMG Can't believe he was only 49yrs!! I loved Roy on shipping Wars....always grumpy and dissing his customers lol!!! His cat is sure gonna miss him and surprise, surprise he actually had a girlfriend RIP Roy

michael serio

R.I.P. Roy you will be missed

blackrozey04

Should have stopped smoking; ( rip. Wierd btw I was watching the show and he seemed to hav ben under stress when he filmed the show with the drums n stuff

Perky

Why Roy Garber, but not that Kris Jenner jerk-off ?

TOM HOLLEMAN

God Bless Him... R I P ...

shipdog7

He was one of the characters I liked and disliked. He didn't take crap from anyone. Yet he went overboard at times of being surly with them. You finally reach a comfort zone financially in life and it is taken away from you just as quick.

indaknow

I loved Roy. He smoked three packs of cigarettes a day and was always very angry and bitter on the show. I am sure that all contributed to his early passing. R.I.P.

Yo' mama

R.I.P Silverfox. You will be missed.

Jane Biggs

RIP Roy , My Condolences go out to Roy's Family and A&E Family also, the show will not be the same, God Bless.

Yak

Deeply disturbing. Roy & Marc are the ONLY 2 professionals on the show.

whtfz

"Nickel holding up a dollar~ " he was 49?? Damn, he looked much older-

Amanda

You were such a nice man. It was so nice to meet you and your crew when you stopped by our store during the starwars load. Sorry to hear of your passing. Rip Roy and prayers for your son and family

Mark

Roy was my favorate character on the show. I was blown away by his. Sudden death! RIP buddy you'll be sadly missed

DBS

Too bad. Roy was a little rough around the edges but he was always good to his cat. RIP!!!