Trace Adkins

My Impersonator Is a Creep

1/18/2014 12:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0116-trace-adkins-impersonator-youtube
Trace Adkins went nuts on an impersonator during a cruise BECAUSE it was the last straw ... we're told this guy has been a thorn in the country singer's side for YEARS.

The look-alike  --  Michael Larsen -- has been following Trace around the country since 2007, sometimes having the audacity to sign autographs, pretending he was the real deal.

Our sources say the tipping point was the cruise to Jamaica.  We're told Trace had no idea the guy was on the ship for the first two days.  The singer was blindsided and angry when he walked into a bar on the ship and saw Larsen.

Trace has told his people ... he just had it with the guy but probably could have contained himself, EXCEPT for the fact that he was wasted.

Adkins -- who had been 12 years sober  -- left the ship after it docked in Jamaica ... and is now in a rehab facility.

We're reaching out to Larsen ... who's still on board the ship ... probably pretending he's Trace.

buzz kill

Next step is to steal his identity and move into Atkins house, maybe clean out his bank account. This guy is creepy and needs to get a life of his own.

rodney

definitely not a look a like

Joao

He is now HIDING in rehab until the dust settles, then the court can charge him for chewing gum in public.

She's baaaack

I guess it will never get old. You get busted fcuking up and you go to rehab, because I guess that makes everything alright.

Observer

Hey... Trace has no shortage of being an egomaniac and thinks his crap doesn't stink. Though he's a cool guy, he's also a jerk so, I couldn't care less.

However... someone needs to tell that, 'so called impersonator', that... he has NO CLUE.
Looks NOTHING like Trace, geez. Yet he still makes money?? Wow!

D-Ray

I hope the impersonator checks himself into the same Rehab facility. That would be hilarious. :D

Carolyn Pugh

I was on the ship and was standing next to Trace. Trace did not lay a hand on him. I will continue to support Trace 100%. The impersonator was allowed to continue to walk the ship posing and signing autographs. It was sickening. The impersonator should have been taken off the ship but instead NCL and the Flying Dutchman allowed him to continue posing as Trace, being called Trace, and signing autographs as Trace. How can any reputable company allow a celebrity to be taunted this way? Obviously NCL & the Flying Dutchman are not!!!!!

Carolyn Pugh

I was on the ship and was standing next to Trace. Trace did not lay a hand on him. I will continue to support Trace 100%. The impersonator was allowed to continue to walk the ship posing and signing autographs. It was sickening. The impersonator should have been taken off the ship but instead NCL and the Flying Dutchman allowed him to continue posing as Trace, being called Trace, and signing autographs as Trace. How can any reputable company allow a celebrity to be taunted that way? Obviously NCL & the Flying Dutchmen are not!!!!!

Lynn7050

TMZ,
how many times ya gonna report the story before ya get it right? This happened the first night on the cruise... Stop with the smear campaign and get a story before you report your crap from idiots looking for their 2 seconds of fame

bart

Both are losers. First for the creep trying to be like Trace and second the real Trace drunken republican redneck singer.

John

I recall Tim McGraw had a similar situation where some nutcase who dressed up like him started appearing a day or so early at concert locations pretending to be McGraw.

Impersonators are flattering until they take it to the next level and attempt to actually compete for the slot.

Christy

I was onboard this ship. I've also seen this guy many times in Nashville, and if you've ever actually met Trace, you can tell the difference. However, from a distance, he does make you do a double-take. He does pretend to be Trace Adkins and actually I heard on the ship that he was doing exactly that...at the pool deck pretending to be Trace.

Big Melon Felon

They should get some circle jerk going!

Cynic

never heard of either of them

eeewwww

I'd be pissed too if someone was going around signing autographs in my name and acting if they were me. It''s one thing to be impersonated it's another thing to be taken over. This guy sounds like s dipsht to me

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments