Pharrell's Hat

ON FIRE!!!

Smokey Bear Don't Care

1/27/2014 10:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0127_arbys_logo_Article_pharrell_williams_smokey_the_bear

It's the first time Smokey Bear's ever added fuel to a fire -- telling TMZ, he couldn't be more amped that Pharrell ripped off his famous hat last night at the Grammys ... which is more than we can say for Arby's.

If you didn't watch the Grammy Awards last night, you probably still saw Pharrell's insane Smokey Bear styled hat somewhere on the horizon ... and it caused a FIRESTORM on the Internet.

Obviously we didn't speak directly to Smokey Bear -- he's way too busy fighting fires -- but his rep tells us, they're ecstatic ... Pharrell's hat "is proof that Smokey is as relevant an icon today as he was 70 years ago."

Even Arby's got in on the action ... tweeting, "Hey @Pharrell, can we have our hat back?" Pharrell tweeted back, "Y'all tryna start a roast beef?"

Fun Fact: The U.S. Fire Service and The Ad Council created Smokey in 1944.

Only YOU can prevent fashion disasters.

0127_pharrell_mad_hatter_grammys_footer_v2

Smokey Bear

Thanks, TMZ.
@smokey_bear

anonymous

Kanye and Dimmy need hats like these for their giant egos.

Just sayin'..

At least he can laugh about it. His reply to Arby's is funny. I can't say anything bad about Smokey, since he's my boss and I've had to wear that hat more than I'd like to admit... *rolls eyes*

Just My Opinion

Saw some of the show, and actually saw the guy come out in that hat. My family was like, what is with that hat, dude? I think it looks like a ladies purse. No? Well, either way, the dude can hide a lot of junk in that there trunk.

Vince

For one, that doesn't look at all like Smokey the Bears hat, and two, it's just a stupid looking hat plain and simple. Just because you famous doesn't mean everything you wear looks good.

News Flash

I said WHAT the...???

ShanesGirl

Pharrell is gonna b easy pickins for Joan Rivers on the Fashion Police!

Denver

Ridiculous hat? Check. Ridiculous made up name? Check. Name recognition? Um. Talent? Um... Cry for Attention? Check.

Just My Opinion

MAYBE IT ISN'T A HAT, BUT HIS CARRY ON BAG THAT HE TAKES ON THE AIRPLANE WITH HIM.

Oval Beach

Looks a lot like the urban sombrero to me...I'm just sayin'.

Johnson

He wore the same hat during his NEW YEARS special...
No one noticed.

Sherms

If no one told you already - that hat looks ridiculously stupid.

Knight

It's funny how someone can win a Grammy for singing the same words over and over and over and over.

who cares

Hey who is that guy with a hat on? Oh he calls himself Pharrell oh ok we will put him on TMZ for his silly hat and call him a R&B artist....

Just Steve

Firestorm is right because that hat is NOT cool.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments