George Zimmerman Fight

Cancelled

Promoter Gets Cold Feet

2/8/2014 1:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0208-george-zimmerman-dmx-tmzGeorge Zimmerman will not be going toe-to-toe with DMX in a celebrity boxing event ... and the promoter says it's because his conscience finally kicked in.

The promoter for the event took to Twitter Saturday afternoon to officially cancel the event ... and said he finally realized there's "more to life then money."

The promoter adds, "Just looked at my son and daughter today wow I'm so lucky those people must be in so much pain ... all you people are right."

Unclear exactly what he meant by "those people" ... but probably a poor choice of words.

Truth

Martin ATTACKED Zimmerman (as proven in a court). That idiot was already at the house he was going to. But noooo, the ghetto trash in him had to be a big man and go back and attack Zimmerman (because he thought GZ was gay and this is always ignored by TMZ). GZ had a gun, Martin got a bullet. End of story.

Andie

Promoter my Azz made the call!! The only reason Zimmerman backed out was because he knew that he'd get his azz kicked by a man instead of a boy with a hoodie and skittles. Fkn Pu**y

Rob

You know exactly what he ment you ****'n moron.

NeaJ

Did he forget he had a son & daughter?! His comment made no sense. Just admit that you didn't want to deal with the backlash & get death threats. Your "epiphany" is bullsh*t!!

Bill5martin

I doubt people would have paid good money to see it. I would have loved to see DMX kick Zimmermans ass, but would not have paid. He could have said his parents must be in so much pain. Saying "those people" sounds vindictive. Like he wanted to do the fight, but "those people" brought so much bad press that he couldn't make money any longer. So he lied & said looking at his kids made him rethink it. I mean he really believes we will fall for this BS. He thought about this long enough to contact Zimmerman, think of an opponent & start talking money etc etc. Then one morning he looked at his kids & thought about the parents & not the money. He is probably thinking how he can spin this & make money somehow.

Eric Cartman

George Zimmerman?

Is that the dude who invented the grill?

NOT ELMO

George Zimmerman will not be going toe-to-toe with DMX in a celebrity boxing event.............I STILL HOPE THEY CAN BE LOVERS

Jennifer

Leave it to TMZ to start something where their is nothing. He said nothing wrong with "those people". Geez.

stfu please

It should have never been an option in the first place. Both men are a disgrace to society. Zimmerman is a highly celebrated murderer. And DMX is a drug addict. They both need help. I'm glad this stupid sh!t got cancelled. Stop making ppl who don't deserve it rich.

Truth

PULEEEEZ... COLD FEET MY A$$. SOUNDS LIKE THE DOUCHE BAG ZIMMERMAN AND THE IDIOT PROMOTER WERE GETTING DEATH THREATS ON TWITTER OR SOME SH*T. #TRUTH!!

defref

Promoters failed to advise Zimmerman the only guns he would be allowed were his left and right. George is like "What, I don't have real guns, I only have the ones I can buy!"

vidsoon

Black ameriKKKa would love to see DMX demolish that twerp.

ohplezze

U whyt racist will sit on on pins and needles waiting on gz next scam to clean ur pocket's out. Hahaha. I cant wait to what's next for u's.

jsd80

Dmx got cold feet. Zim for President.

queenE