'Dynasty' Creator

Sues City of L.A.

You Busted My Teeth!

2/13/2014 12:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0212-esther-shapiro-dynasty
The woman who created "Dynasty" claims she busted her face open and lost her front teeth ... all because the City of L.A. and its sidewalks are not on the level.

Esther Shapiro claims in a new lawsuit  -- obtained by TMZ -- she was walking on Restaurant Row on La Cienega back in April when she tripped and fell on a sidewalk that was uneven -- raised an inch-and-a-half above the rest.

Esther -- who is 85 -- took a nasty spill, busting several teeth and hobbling away with bruises, cuts and a bloody nose.

We're told Esther was hospitalized and wants her medical bills and lost earnings covered.

She's suing for more than $25,000 ... which is probably 1/50 of what she made on a single "Dynasty" episode.

Osweetsarah

I believe she totally has the rights to sue. The government tries to take all it can from the people. They should be held resonisable for more things. The sidewalks and roads here are terrible!

AwkwardCheerios

Bunch of filthy money hungry rednecks just as bad when Jersey Shore was on TV. Real rednecks would never accept a TV show

NOT ELMO

SHE IS SOOO GORGEOU$.....

tmz001

Can i sue ? I scraped my arm walking into a tree by accident

Chilltopia

I wish I could sue you for being a greedy a$$hole. Self entitled biotch

BB not bb

You need to learn how to walk at some point. It was not purposeful negligence. The winter makes the ground swell and lifts up the sidewalk. The city might not even have known that that had happened. It could have happened the day she walked on it.

She is rich enough to pay her own medical bills. When she sues for something silly, that takes away money that could go to the poor. How many of those teeth were real at her age anyway?

People fall all the time. That is part of life. Pick yourself up and keep going. Don't always try to find someone to blame.

Hot Dumb Italian Mike

I'm with the lady on this. When I'm visiting buddies/exgirlfriends in LA we walk they're dogs and always encounter cracked ,swollen, root raised sidewalks. I'm 21, and I've almost fallen a few times. I saw a stripper fall on the pavement once outside the Comedy Store .She landed on her implants..DDs! No thats a pro!

Your S&M Girlfriend

Oh please, the poor thing is 85. She could probably trip and fall on air. It must be a catastrophically slow news day, considering her claim to fame is the show Dynasty was a show from the 1980s that my mother used to watch. What bin of mothballs did you dig this woman up from?

Mare

People need to be aware of where they're going. Pay attention!

princeof the city

Esther, stay away from my street if you think La Cienega is bad........

myopinion

Maybe they will fix the streets now....It's a shame all the taxes we pay the side walks and streets should all be leveled.