Seth Rogen

Urges Senators to Get 'Knocked Up'

2/26/2014 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

022614_seth_rogen_launch

Seth Rogen testified before a Senate subcommittee Wednesday and pledged allegiance -- to "House of Cards."

Seth went to Capitol Hill to voice his support for legislation to increase funding for Alzheimer's research.  Seth's mother-in-law suffers from the disease.

By congressional standards, Seth was hilarious ... and a little too hip for the room.

Safe to say Senator Tom Harkin, Chairman of the Senate Appropriations subcommittee, is not a big fan of "Knocked Up" ... but he was clearly amused.

Check out the video.  Pretty funny.

0226_seth-rogan_tweet

BLUE UGLY 💩

These celebrities think they're owed everything because they make crappy movies, the world doesn't stop because of your problems

H8Kardash

Boo Hoo

greeneyedjeepgirl

Seth is one cooool Dude!!!

zombie

Eh, good for him. Alzheimer's needs funding for research. Not sure why the hate for a guy trying to do something to benefit everyone. Alzheimer's will touch many people's lives in some way.

She's baaaack

Seth is looking good in a Jewish sort of way. I'm a total Goy but a hot Jewish guy has my "teach him what it's all about" fantasies going. But seriously folks, if you know anyone who has suffered from Alzheimers you know how awful, how sad and how tragic it is. My best friend had early Alzheimers in her mid 50s, and it was like a thief, stealing even her desire to eat, and a lot of times stealing her recognition of her own family members. It is a death unto itself.

Julz2011

Good for him helping for Alzheimer's research. I've seen family suffer and die with this terrible disease so doesn't matter who is asking for help. I just glad they are.

DirkDiggler

Glad to see him using his fame and talent for the greater good!

Champagne Jayne

Not a fan of his movies but think it's awesome he is helping to raise awareness to this heartbreaking disease.

Sizzzy

What's with all the hate? Seth is a pretty cool and funny guy. It isn't common to have laughing in a congressional hearing so I give him props.

al baby

That Mother F…..ing disease took my mom a little bit at a time it was hell to see her morph into a stranger Seth good for you Sir and to all you lesser humans posting crap here on this subject go and f yourself silly

There's a problem here

Whatever you think about him, getting how awful Alziheimers disease is for people out there is commendable.

mousetrap

I'm 45. My great-grandmother got Alzheimer's in her late 50's. We don't know for sure it was Alzheimer's, it wasn't really being diagnosed much back then, but we are pretty sure it was. Especially in light of the fact that her daughter, my grandmother, was officially diagnosed with it at the age of 56. Now my mother has it and was diagnosed at 63. Am I next? Who knows. The thing really needs to skip a generation. But it is a devastating disease. And people need to understand it is a totally physical, organic disease. It is not mental disorder, even though suffers may act very unusual. I am totally devastated by my mother's illness. To watch her slip away and be afraid, knowing what is happening, is soul crushing. I am starting to have recurring dreams of my mom as a young girl on her favorite beach, and then the sunlight hits her and she disappears. And then I wake up in a cold sweat. I don't know what to do. Thankfully she has my father and plenty of funds to care for her, but I am still deeply saddened. I have started keeping a diary chronicling all of the times she calls me (is still able to) and the times we spend together.

ASH

This bozo should get a job as a pinata!

DirkDiggler

Seth for U S Senate '14

AnaakaDiamond

Seth Rogen is awesome! A true comedy icon. For him to try make light of a situation that obviously means alot to him deep down is great. He is using his talent to help those in need and his loved ones. BLESS!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments