Chris Brown

Anger Triggered By Bipolar Disorder

2/28/2014 11:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0228_chris_brown_court_tmz2
Chris Brown has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, severe insomnia and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder ... and that's why he has had such anger issues ... this according to new court docs.

Chris was in court today for a progress hearing in the Rihanna beating case.  Documents were filed by the facility where Chris just completed 90 days of anger management therapy. In fact, Chris stayed longer, just completing 95 days.

In the legal docs -- obtained by TMZ -- an official from the rehab facility wrote that ... in addition to his diagnosis ... Chris was self-medicating inappropriately.

The facility writes, "Mr. Brown became aggressive and acted out physically due to his untreated mental health disorder, severe sleep deprivation, inappropriate self-medicating and untreated PTSD." They never explain the cause of the PTSD. The letter also says Chris was diagnosed with Bipolar II.

The letter says Chris is on meds for the bipolar and other conditions.

Chris has learned various relaxation exercises, according to the letter, and he's tested negative for drugs, including weed, during his stay.

The facility says he's doing really well.  It says he gets up at 5 AM and works hard.  They say he's been especially good with community service, saying, "Mr. Brown's attitude has been beyond exemplary in regard to his community service responsibilities."

Peekie

I love u CB continue to get better and **** the Racist they will always hate u

Blackpower

Omg some of yall hate him so yall don't even wanna believe he is bipolar

BB not bb

Well everyone seems to love Amanda Bynes again for being called bi-polar and being on her meds, so maybe he thought that would work for him. Sorry guys, I am just a lunatic . . . I think it all comes down to self control and respect for others. Meds don't do anything but fry your brain and the doctors who prescribe them know it.

Which is worse, losing your mind to meds or spending years in prison? It is a hard choice but I think without a sound mind you are lost in life.

my2cents

Rich people always get away with murder.

FLUX

Bipolar disorder or maybe he is just a woman beater who does drugs, er , oh, I meant self medicates inappropriately. These lawyers should start writing scripts for SNL.

roshawn

for once im glad to hear something good about chris. now i anit gonna say he's an angel and some of his action would have landed po' folk like the rest of us up under the jail, as long as he do what he suppose to be doing... thats alright by me. its not fair, but i guess it will have to do. dont get me wrong im a fan. love his work from singing, dancing, and acting. i just hope he gets it together before they find him dead somewhere from and overdose of what ever he was on!!

lk

Not one of those conditions makes beating and assaulting someone else legal, he's a pathetic woman beater who should be in jail .

Celeb Gossip Addict

The diagnosis is not shocking at all. Chris is so lucky that he's rich and can get proper treatment. I wish him success in his recovery.

fj

it's great how with big coin you can gather a team of docs and lawyers to give "thug" such a wonderfully rich definition of a sympathy gathering malady ... only in hollywood courts does it work

Mimi

I think the PTSD is from watching the abuse his mother suffered as a child - makes sense. Those people are at risk for being abusers later on. I really do not know how they make a diagnosis of bipoloar II in 90 days; I think when Garagos said he must take the meds his doctor prescribed that he must have meant bipolar meds and not a weed prescription. That's all. I'm neutral and will wait to see how he acts before I condemn him all over again.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

I'm thinking about 90% of the prison population has untreated Bipolar II disorder and PTSD from living in the hood and trying to make ends meet and what not. They just didn't have the money to pay a behaviorial specialist. to write it down.

hotandcold

Yeah, sure.

"Boo hoo, poor me! I'm bi-polar (all of a sudden!), I have Post traumatic Stress disorder (I got a spanking as a kid. *sniff*), everyone provokes me so it's never MY fault when I beat someone up. It's THEIR fault!

"hmmm, let's see what other excuses can I come up with... Oh, yeah! The sun got in my eyes! I was too cold and didn't wear my jacket and the chill made me irritable. My mommy couldn't cheat and give me fake community service credits. I'm a whiner because other people pick on me..."

"to be continued as soon as I think up some more excuses why I should NEVER, EVER be blamed for my actions"

tessa

we all have to control ourselves, CB get over yerself, you are not special.

August

Another make-believe diagnosis by Psycho-Wackos...

Dobbins

My-oh-My what good Lawyers you have....Greegross just set the scene to blame all future "outbursts" on a phych diagnosis. Yes, I say BS !