« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Miami Dolphins Player

Stop Attacking My GF's Breast-Feeding Pic

3/5/2014 4:27 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0305_ash3nicole_instagramMiami Dolphins linebacker Philip Wheeler says his girlfriend is being unfairly attacked over a picture showing her breast-feeding their son ... and now he's calling for people to stop the boob hate, asap.

Wheeler's GF is model Ashley Nicole -- who recently posted a photo showing her son latched on to her right breast inside of their home. She included the caption, "Was on the way out the door but then mommy duty called... Everything stops for him! #breastisbest #natureisbeautiful."

Problem is ... not everyone felt the same way -- and social media erupted with people trashing Nicole for posting the pic in the first place.

TMZ Sports spoke to Wheeler ... who says, "I wish everybody would just leave it alone" ... adding, "She's a model. She takes pictures for a living."

Wheeler pointed out that Gisele posted a breast-feeding pic back in December -- and was widely praised for it -- and doesn't understand why his GF isn't getting the same love.

As for the pic, it's still posted on Ashley's Instagram page -- and we're told she has no plans to take it down.

0305_phillip_wheeler_getty

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

narcolepsyjane

My problem with this is, shes not holding the baby correctly. Shes gonna have hella sore nipples. Sit yo ass down and feed the baby correctly. Life outside can wait.

ivy100

Alot of women breast feed. All women should do it. Just keep it private dammit!! No need to show it off for attention.

deadlysin

Look as a mother of two. I understand trying to experience the joy and sharing and yes she is a model advertising clothes etc. some beautiful experience should be kept private For the respect of the child. so unless she advertising feed the children she should put a blanket over her.

BobFV1

Who took the picture?

bergs79

idiots! this is nothing short of beautiful! she is doing nothing wrong in the slightest.. what is the prob i dont get it. who cares what she post or what anyone else thinks. its her pic,her post, her instagram. mind your business

audge

Good for you mom. Keep up the good work :)

Heather.M.83

Again here was the caption to her photo, "Was on the way out the door but then mommy duty called... Everything stops for him! #breastisbest #natureisbeautiful." For all those who keep saying she got "dolled up" for this photo. I hope everyone of you yell at women on the beach in bikini's and inform them that their boobs are obscene.

BuDom

Maybe it's the way she is posting it. Gisele's photo is a natural portrayal of breast feeding. She was at a photo shoot the baby became hungry, and she had to breastfeed the baby. It looks natural and not posed. This girl's photo however looks all posed and more like she wants to get attention. I mean I have had to breastfeed and I never dressed up, put on my makeup, popped on my sunglasses, and then found the perfect stance as I leaned against a wall to feed my baby. This is equivalent filling up your FB with selfies.

She isn't really promoting breastfeeding. She is promoting herself and is using breastfeeding to get attention drawn to herself. I am a woman and I don't care for this photo either. It's not representing anything but self promotion. So her boyfriend needs to quit crying about no one liking her photo. If it's tasteless then we have a right not to like it.

drestone

She holding her baby like somebody ask her to hold something for em...... #baseball bat

Luvgigi

What????!!! That's so stupid flicking haters. Picture is beautiful and what the hell is so wrong w breast feeding? I loved doing it and hates people for being so judge mental when I had to feed in public. The baby is eating!! Guess people would rather have hem starve.

gserlin

Why should she take it down? She is a lovely lady doing a beautiful thing.

Joellaz

I don't care if she's a model or not. Breastfeeding is a natural thing. It was done for years before baby formula was developed. Most of our parents and grandparents were breastfed, This woman is a proud mother who chooses to share her life with the world. Is she being judged because she's a model, or because people are too ignorant to understand nature. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PIC, DON'T LOOK AT IT!!! End of story (and rant).

Trisha

I don't know~ I think breast feeding IS best and I nursed all 3 of my children, but the problem I have with the picture is the look of disconnect she has with the baby. She's standing there just holding the baby to her breast instead of cradling the baby. It just doesn't look loving.... Also, from what I read, Gisele got a lot of flack for her picture as well. I don't understand the problem people have with breast feeding. THAT"S WHAT WE HAVE BREASTS FOR, morons!!!!!

Cookie35

What's wrong with the pic? Would u rather see somthing abnormal????

Chicks02

Beautiful picture! I don't think it needed a caption,personally, but to each it's own. I think it's very nice and she's gorgeous and people need to stop being so negative