« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

M.I.A. to NFL

My Middle Finger Was Tame

Compared to Prince's Penis Guitar

3/17/2014 10:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0317-mia-nfl-getty-02M.I.A. says the NFL is overreacting big time in their legal war over the middle finger she flipped during the 2012 Super Bowl Halftime show ... and the proof is in Prince's giant penis guitar.

M.I.A. just filed new legal docs saying the NFL's demand for $16.6 MILLION in restitution and damages over the rapper's live 1-bird salute is completely baseless -- since the league already has a reputation for airing risque halftime performances.

Her proof -- M.I.A. says the reputation was built by Super Bowl legends like Michael Jackson who "repeatedly grabbed or fondled his genitalia" during his famous 1993 performance.

M.I.A. says the "genitalia adjustments" were a well-known part of his act at the time and the NFL reveled in the edginess.

There's more ... M.I.A. also points to Prince -- who, in 2007, stroked his guitar like it was "an erect oversized phallus" in what some people consider the gold standard of Super Bowl Halftime shows.

M.I.A. says the NFL knew Prince was planning to get all strokey before the show ... and green-lit the performance anyway.

0317-prince-super-bowl-sub-getty-02M.I.A.'s ultimate point is that there is no harm in airing a middle finger -- it won't damage the league or prevent sponsors from paying top dollar for commercial spots.

So far, no comment from Prince or his giant penis guitar.

0204_super_bowl_half_time_warp_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

STAYCLASSYSANDIEGO

Her talent is pretty tame

Malaka

Nobody cares about you. Look at the posts , they are Mia! Lololoser

James R. - Los Angeles

Zzzzzzzzzz....

TheRealDeal

Yes, that guitar. Mmm, good times. Purple Rain in the rain was classic. I want 2 fall in love with Prince tonight and every night.

BLUE UGLY 💩

16 million over a finger, crazy

Madelaine J

If you actually knew anything about this woman and her family you would not defend her. Google the Tamil Tigers. She is part of a group of terrorists banned in North America for their horrific acts of violence in Sri Lanka. But because celebrities liked her music she was allowed to be in the US. All for the love of money.

My_Kingdom_For_A_Nose

Prince is talented, very talented.

M.I.A. is a gold-digging no-talent hack. She hates Jews, but married an heir to the Jewish-built Seagram spirits empire. She wants hers.

Marty

MIA, when you flipped off the camera you actually flipped of America. Go rot somehwere.

mj fan forever

NO WAY this bunch of losers have something to do with Michael Jackson!!!

The Zombie

It's a finger. Get over it, you prudes. At least it wasn't a nasty ass nipple.

Champagne Jayne

Better a flash of the bird than Lady Gag's vomiting bull****.

Rhubino

I didn't interpret Prince's guitar stroking as telling me to go F myself. Big difference.

Brial92

No word on Janet and Justin timberlake?? Way worse than a middle finger. She probably doesn't even have that much money.

namers

"Genitalia adjustment." Is that what they're calling it now?

Chica

She's an ass who tries to come off as some sort of rebel...yeah right, when she's married into one of the wealthiest families in the world. Gee, must be a tough life.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments