Kel Mitchell

Kenan Kinda Dissed Me, But ...

I'll Give Him Another Chance

4/1/2014 12:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Kenan and Kel Kids Choice Awards DissKenan Thompson and Kel Mitchell came thiiiiiis close to squashing their longstanding beef at the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards -- Kel totally thought it was happening ... and then it didn't.

We caught up with Kel in Sherman Oaks Monday, and he told our camera guy he was under the impression during their segment Sunday night ... Kenan would give him a shout out.

For everyone above the age of 12 who missed it -- Nickelodeon gave one of the executive producers of "Kenan & Kel" a Lifetime Achievement award, and Thompson sent in a recorded speech where he never acknowledged working with Kel.

033114_kel_keenan_KCA_launch_v2
Sources close to Kenan say it wasn't meant to be a diss ... producers didn't tell him to mention Kel until after the piece had been filmed and he was too busy for a re-shoot.

Kel says he's not mad -- and even offers one final plea to Kenan in regard to a reunion.

Watch ... it has nothing to do with orange soda.

hotbitch

I always did like Kel. He seems like a really cool guy and he has a great smile. He should be back on tv. He's funny.

LatinKing13

Why is there beef between those two anyway?

karma360

Kenan a sellout anyway and Kel looks good, body nice and cute. Kenan looks like a little porky pig. I hope Kel gets a show he was the funnier one anyway

Rigby

Kenan is a douche... Never forget the people who helped you get to the top.

Cali~girl

I kept thinking he was gonna bust out with ...welcome to Good burger, home of the Good burger- Can I take your order?

Mumra the Ever Living

I'm not sure what Kel will be doing at 40, but I think I know what the grossly overweight Keenan will be doing . . . having his legs amputated due to morbidly obese diabetes.

Sally M

Never heard of this guy and only know Keenan from SNL. Seems to me like Keenan was asked to talk about the guy receiving the award and that's what he did. It was the camera guy and this article trying to make it something else.

QueenB

Waka

R

Theyre a comedy duo and they shouldve stayed that way

Linda

They were honoring Dan Schneider...Why would he need to give a shout-out to Kel?

Mr Barcliff

MAN, AFTER READING ALL THE COMMENTS, 'KENAN DUDE" IF YOU SEE THIS, YOU NEED SOME DAMAGE CONTROL BRO!!!!! THE FANS ARE MOSTLY SIDING WITH KEL, YOU LOOK LIKE A BAD PERSON AND IF YOU IGNORE THIS, I WONT LOSE SLEEP BECAUSE ITS YOUR IMAGE YOUR DESTROYING, GO AHEAD!!!! ITS YOUR LIFE BUT, AS A PERSON WHO "USE TO BE A FAN" BEFORE YOU KEPT IGNORING KENAN, I SUGGEST YOU REMEBER, WE FEEL FOR YOU BOTH AS KENAN AND KEL AND THE GOOD BURGER MOVIE, YOUR MAKING THIS SO WE SIDE WITH KEL WHICH FANS NEVER DID WITH YOU 2!!!! SIT DOWN AND TALK WITH KEL ABOUT WHAT BOTHERS YOU SO AT LEAST YOU AND HE CAN MOVE ON, I DONT THINK KEL KNOWS WHY YOU HAVE ISSUE WITH HIM. ALSO, YOU CAN MAKE A MONSTER HIT MOVIE WITH HIM, NOT WITHOUT HIM IF YOU HAD ANY BUSINESS SENSE. DOESNT HAVE TO BE LIKE GOOD BURGER OR EVEN THE TV SHOW KENAN AND KEL, ANOTHER STORY LINE WOULD WORK BECAUSE YOUR FANS FROM THEN ARE ADULTS, IT COULD BE A COMEDY MOVIE WITHOUT THE GUNS, THINK BAD BOYS WITH MARTIN AND WILL WITHOUT THE VIOLENCE. WAKE UP KENAN, THE ONLY TRUE STARS ARE IN THE SKY!!! LGNM

B4-I-FU-RU-18?

Another Will& Carlton similarities. Where one moved on to "bigger" things. & the other is forgotten. Like a turd being flushed down the ****ter. These guys just like Will& Carlton. Were hilarious together. Its a pity, they went their own ways.

F

Kenan was never funny.

BEEJ

Didn't know they had beef, but Kel was always everyone's favorite.

gegeok

Kenan..needs.to remember..kel..was much funnier..SNL...should pick him up...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments