Alanis Morissette

You Oughta Know ...

I GOT MY DOG BACK!!!

4/18/2014 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0419-alanis-morissette-tmz-01The Alanis Morissette dognapping saga is OVER ... TMZ has learned the rocker's prized pup has been returned to her.

As TMZ first reported, Morissette sued her old housekeeper claiming the woman stole her dog -- a 10 lb Chihuahua/Pug mix named Circus -- after Alanis fired her.

The housekeeper claimed Alanis hated the dog and wanted her gone.

But isn't it ironic ... today in court, Alanis' attorney dropped the suit because Circus is now safe and sound back at the home of Alanis and her hubby, Mario Treadway.

It figures.

041814_alanis_dog_launch_v2

BLUE UGLY 💩

Nooooooo

Crazy Cat Lady

I hope Circus is safe, cared for, and loved, wherever he resides. Cute little dude.

Kobe_No_Means_No

She can probably still do a sex tape, but time is running out on her... hittin' da big 40 ya know what I'm sayin'?

I always spit da truth. Keepin' it real.

Ace

And every time I scratch my nails down Circus's back I hope you feel it, Well, can you feel it?

Godzilla's Kitty

Circus is adorable! I hope Alanis treats him well.

James R. - Los Angeles

When I fist read the headline that she got her dog back, I thought Dave Coulier came back.

Zeze

Try taking care of him this time!

kathryn

Was this the best thing for the dog? Courts gave her back the dog. What if the house keep was right?

Dog And Pony

It would be hard to tell those two apart if the dog wasn't wearing the collar. It is the dog that's wearing the collar, right?

Tryst

After seeing the interview with the housekeeper in question, I am horrified that Circus was returned to Alanis.

If you don't have the time to train your dog and invest in their life in your household? DON'T OWN ONE. There is no excuse to shove the dog off on the housekeeper for that incredible length of time.. providing no professional training where you've obviously failed.. DURING THAT TIME.. and then scream kidnapping.

Alanis shouldn't own a dog. I feel horrible for Circus. Having fostered and placed for 28 years, I can tell you this.. check back on the dog in 6 months. He'll either be dumped at a shelter, given away, or euthanized for behavior that is NOT his fault.

KittieGirl

This whole story is messed up. I TRULY believe Alanis did in fact give the dog to the housekeeper, as multiple people have come forward backing that up. There was some bad blood (the housekeeper's mother in law worked for Alanis for YEARS, they had a falling out and she fired the family) and she wanted the dog back out of hostility. Apparently the dog had some behavioral issues, the housekeeper is a huge animal lover and took the time to train Circus, etc. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if $$ was given to the housekeeper in exchange for the dog due to the negative publicity it was attracting (most people seem to be on the housekeeper's side) and keep it out of court.

Eye roll

What an ugly a s s dog. Who cares what happens to that.

Teresa andrews

The dog looks suspicious of the whole deal.

Zeze

My roomate's mother-in-law and her twin sister make $700 an hour on their back! Stop the spam TMZ!!!

Numapass

That's the dog on the left right?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments