Bethenny Frankel

It's Expensive to Divorce Bethenny

... For Bethenny

4/24/2014 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0423-bethenny-frankel-jason-hoppy-tmz-01
Bethenny Frankel's divorce has dragged on so freakin' long that now she has to fork over $100k just to cover her soon-to-be-ex husband's legal fees -- even though they've yet to agree on terms for a divorce settlement.

According to court docs ... Frankel has to immediately hand over what amounts to an advance payment to Jason Hoppy's attorney. The docs stipulate the $100,000 will be subtracted from whatever financial settlement Jason ends up getting from Bethenny ... presuming they ever hammer out a deal.

Frankel filed divorce docs in Jan. 2013 ... and they've been battling over money and custody issues ever since.

Frankel sold the Skinnygirl brand for about $100 mil, so technically 100K is a drop in the bucket -- but since it's going to her ex's lawyer ... we doubt there's a smiley face on the check.

0424_bethenny_frankel_jason_hoppy_split_footer_v2

Machelle

She looks like a dude.

Mason

Do some basic research TMZ....the whole Skinnygirl thing was a license agreement with a larger corporation(way of the world)....so it's been said she made about $10 Million not $100 Million from the deal...still pretty good.

Chgome

Her Mother has nothing to do with her, her Father had nothing to do with her prior to his death, she apparently has a personality disorder and for sure will not be good for the daughter. Jason got screwed royal with this marriage, it was all an act on her part to promote herself (as usual). I hope skeletor has to pay out of her wazoo for her deceit. Never got her anyhow, ugly as sh it

David

I hope this evil bitch gets taken to the cleaners and has a heart attack from seeing her money get taken away. It's a nice feeling to see that society is finally requiring women to pay the man she gets tired of, and therefore, wants a divorce. Tons of men have been destroyed by women that do this to them. Now it's pay back time!!!

Ginger

She was mean to Jason's parents ! So sad

Yurra Knutz

For better or else.
For richer or else.
In good times only.
Forsaking all others my ass...

Xianne

Jason just dump that evil witch. Grab your kid and run . Don't know what he saw in her anyways.

KeriV

I honestly don't get these 'housewives' shows... I can honestly say I've never watched an episode of any of them but have seen commercials. It looks like a bunch of rich, spoiled women who have nothing better to do than shop and fight. They need to get a clue, that they are nothing but laughing stocks. If I ever start acting like that, please, someone shoot me! I'd rather read a book or hang with my kids than waste my time watching any reality show!

kirsten

Hi I am 12years old and I love your show it is very in spiering
Thenke you

Onebabybella

Sorry but the chick looks like QUAGMIRE!! Gigging giggity

guest

It looks like to me she works hard what kind of a job does he have?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3