Santa Barbara Massacre

Shooter Vows to Kill

Out of Sexual Frustration

5/24/2014 7:39 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

052414_elliot_rodgers_launchThe horrific massacre at UCSB Friday night -- in which 6 people were shot dead -- seemed to be triggered by a maniac who was angry at women because they would not have sex with him ... and TMZ has learned shooter has a connection to "Hunger Games."

22-year-old Elliot Rodger posted a YouTube video hours before he unleashed his violence on the streets of Isla Vista -- the UCSB community.  We've learned Rodger is the son of Peter Rodger, the second unit director of the first installment of "Hunger Games."

Elliot Rodger was killed as he engaged Sheriff's deputies who responded to the scene.  He died from a gunshot wound to the head, although it's unclear if it was self-inflicted.

0524-elliot-rodger-crime-scene-splash-01
In the video you hear Rodger's fury at the women who did not find him attractive and you hear his resolve at getting revenge.

According to reports ... a lawyer for Peter Rodger says the director contacted police several weeks ago about YouTube clips his son had uploaded in regards to "suicide and killing people."

The Associated Press says the lawyer claims police interviewed Elliot and found him to be a "perfectly polite, kind and wonderful human."

"My client's mission in life will be to try to prevent any such tragedies from ever happening again," the lawyer said. Adding, "This country, this world, needs to address mental illness and the ramifications from not recognizing these illnesses."

0524-peter-elliot-rodger-facebook-01

nof

Harvey Levin could have picked up a gun 30 years back.

Solved his problems/angst/rage with missiles.

Instead he's creative this and so much else.

Cuz Harvey's response was Courage.

Work.

Appropriate-ness.

But four more cowards will be emboldened by this.

Start with their own "plan."

"Do it the right way or do it the easy way."

Most choose violence.

Easy, quick, permanent.

Cuz it's all about them.

nof

Mental illness.

I'm sure his Dad tried to get him help.

"Hurting everyone back."

Based on what was DONE to us.

Sophomoric thinking -

Me I owned it -

...got appropriate therapeutic help -

...found my way into A.A. - A.C.A - Al-Anon, etc.

But that's too complicated, takes too long, hard ...

Better to just go in shooting.

In his own head he went out a winner.

In my head he went out gutless and weak.

His successful Dad has an incredibly challenging job.

How's he supposed to work now?

KWDragon

What a sick, useless little punk. Such a shame he had to kill others.

Carl

Girls had no interest in me either and I was older than him before I had my first real relationship. However, instead of being a pathetic psycho that blamed the problem on women I figured it must be something about me that was the problem. I figured it out, changed my ways (without changing who I was) and sure enough I met a girl that I've been with over a decade. So I have zero sympathy for the guy and only regret he didn't die before taking out all those people.

jimmy d

I couldn't imagine what he would have done ,if the first beaver he ever got his mouth on,tasted like a seafood jamboree.

cxntie

He's a ****ed up lunatic, really. Who goes out and kills people all because they're having issues getting laid? I understand that it sucks being 22 and a virgin but still. He had no right to even make a dumb video like that, telling people he's gonna be a "God" and that all women deserve annialation?

nof

The clip's all about self-pity.

Watch it but don't eat before-hand.

Jordan

He really ruined my monster burrito from Freebirds in IV... Halfway down my Corona too, all because of his short penis.

Jay W.

Wow... Mental illness is a terrible thing.

Kid could have just payed to play. Plenty of woman at the bunny ranch!

Fit4Life

I'm sure CNN is preparing Anderson Cooper to run this story 24 hours a day 7 days a week because they want to "honor" the victims.. but really it's all about ratings. They will run this story for a month straight just like they did with the Malaysia flight and the Colorado shooting.

Racismisdead

This goes to all the stuck up girls here...This is what happens when even you fat ones think you deserve a guy that works out everyday and could probably model. This is to you ugly busted women that think you're as attractive as your breast...You may have large breasts but your faces are still a 2 or 3 at max. Women stop tuning down guys and you can hopefully prevent the next mass murder..To the women that think they're too attractive to even try - I hope you die first. His spirit will haunt all stuck up girls to the day they die MUAHAHAHAHAHA You're a hero man...many guys have wanted to kill stuck up girls before only you had the balls to do it!

cristiana

looks like the women that rejected him had a good reason!

gerard david jr

He a great looking guy! I think there is more in his head going on. Shame, so cute now gone.

Fit4Life

What pisses me off is Google(who owns youtube) spends hundreds of millions of dollars creating self-driving cars and all kinds of crap yet they can't spend a few bucks to improve Youtube to detect videos where people make comments they are planning on or going to "kill people" or go on a rampage.

tmon3ydadjmbr

I swear I thought that was a woman in the picture, the girls that dumped him probably thought he was a lesbo.