'Real Housewives' Dad

Drops Dead Suddenly in Backyard

6/18/2014 3:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0618_Frank-Guidice_teresa_giudice_frank_getty
update_graphic_red_bar
4:45 PM PT --
The Giudice's rep just told TMZ, "The ONLY focus of both Joe and Teresa is their family right now, especially the girls. No decisions about the court case or the show are being addressed today."
update_grey_gray_bar
"Real Housewives of New Jersey"
star Joe Giudice -- who is facing years in prison on fraud charges -- just got struck with a profound tragedy ... his dad just collapsed and died in Joe's garden.

Frank Giudice -- who also appears on "Real Housewives of New Jersey" along with Joe and Teresa -- was building a chicken coop in the garden when he fell to the ground.

We're told Frank had no apparent health issues.  Joe and Teresa believe he suffered a massive heart attack, but it's too early to tell.  EMTs are still at the house at the time this story was posted.

Frank was 63.

taz

Seems like their focus is on alerting the media.

my 2 cents

90 degrees in Jersey today and he was outside building a chicken coop ?

Sips

Sucks when people die of course but I look at those two Joe and T the lowest of low I would rather friend a drug addict that doesn't know any better then money hungry people who lie steal and cheat there way through life I hope there children realize that there parents are s*** bags and they lived a fake life on someone eleses dime because there parents were lazy pieces of crap hope he gets deported and she does 10 years so she misses her kids graduation sweet 16 all the fun things normal parents get to see there dirt bags that is all

porkchop

Condolences to the family. Rest in Peace.

ASH

When i sign in now I have to accept Warner Bros
"terms and conditions" so that they can collect
information / data and keep it in their database
which the US government has access to...

WHY???

Whatever

I don't know the poor man, but THAT is a Godfather move if I have ever heard of one. See: I, Godfather, the movie.

featherkile

Old school Italians take family Shame in the public eye hard. The giudices flaunted their greed and shamed that family on both sides. RIP.

funnieface213

no matter how I feel about Joe , good or bad, there r no words for the turmoil that family is going thru. it's never a good time to lose a lived one but damn! this couldn't be worse time. their families are super close. I just have no words. God bless you and your family Joe. I know I'm not alone in this sadness for you and we are all keeping you in our thoughts & prayers! stay strong in your faith! I know it's being tested hard now.

JimmyXed

It's amazing how many ignorant dirtbags comment on people they don't really know. A show is a show and the word "LIVE" & "REALITY" is BS, why not just say something flippin nice on here. since this could actually be happening to you and your family???

sh

TMZ.....Please dont be disrespectful about a man dying suddenly when his young granddaughters are nearby. How sad for all involved.

vegas-mom-

63 is too young... So sad for the kids

rduke79

Very sad. Everyone hates them, justifiably, but he probably felt the stress of what they were going through.

Dina

Some lawyers are ambulance chasers and some are not. Harvey, which one are you? Or did you steal a radio scanner from an EMT? Finally, what is the name of the G Rep? Makes me go hmmm...

Cj

I'm not too crazy about Joe or his wife but I feel bad for all involved. 63 is still young in today's world so I'm sure it came as quite a shock to them. Hopefully it wasn't due to all if the legal problems happening around him but it does make you wonder......

RetailQueen

Raise your hand if you thought it was Tre's father, Giacinto who passed. Not wishing it was him, but he seemed to be in real bad health last season, whereas Juicy Joes papa was never reported ill. Better get your priorities straight and end the family drama before another tragedy kicks in!