Meshach Taylor

Dead at 67

After Battle With Cancer

6/29/2014 5:01 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

meshach-taylor-01"Designing Women" star Meshach Taylor died Saturday night ... after a long battle with cancer.

Taylor's family says he passed away at his home in California while surrounded by loved ones.

Meshach is best known for the role of Anthony Bouvier on the popular late 80's show ... and he was nominated for an Emmy in 1989.

Taylor also famously portrayed Hollywood Montrose in the '87 cult classic flick "Mannequin" -- and had a TON of roles on hit T.V. shows ... like "Hannah Montana", "The Drew Carey Show" and "Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide."

R.I.P.

EL444

I Loved Him...Great Talent & Still Cracks Me Up On Designing Women Reruns. R.I.P. & Many Prayers For His Family & Friends.

Woot

:o(

EL444

This Is THE only Total Comments Section That Had Not A Single Negative Post About A Star (Even When It's A Death). I Think That Speaks Volumes About Him And I Hope He Knew It!

cindyloo

I loved him on Designing Women. I loved how he referred to his "unfortunate incarceration" on the show.

Marco Polo

RIP my brother. U entertained everyone with laughter and brought a smile to many faces. Thank you for sharing your talent and love with us.

Teresa andrews

Aww. Cancer sucks. R.I.P.

Superfan

I just found out and been watching designing women all day today. Wow

sgtn

Who???

Spottedfeather

This seriously sucks. He was a big part of my childhood. And I LOVED him in Ned's.

DrkQueen

I just saw a post a few days ago from Joe Mantegna about spending Meshach's last birthday together. Apparently they were good friends. So sorry for all Mr Taylor's family and friends. He will be greatly missed.

Clyde T.M. Nestra

Meshach did wonderful work on "Designing Women" and will be remembered fondly for it in perpetuity. Condolences to his family. I haven't read the comments yet, but I will and hope they are all kind. I sometimes wonder if people realize that family members of the deceased are most likely reading all of the obituaries...as well as comments on sites like this.

may28

Awe...god bless His family. I loved his work. :-(

namers

He seems like he was just the nicest guy. Great actor and brought us a lot of laughs. RIP, Meshach.

Tax

He was such a funny guy on designing women! May be rest in peace!

Daron

He played one of the teachers on Ned Declassified School Survival Guide. Rest in Peace.