'Big Brother'

Ariana Grande Hides Grandpa's Death

From Brother Frankie

7/23/2014 9:39 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Ariana Grande Grandpa Died"Big Brother" is now keeping a deep secret  -- something that could derail the show if revealed too soon -- and it involves the death of one of Ariana Grande's relatives.

Ariana's grandfather died Tuesday.  He's also the grandpa of Ariana's brother, Frankie Grande, who's a contestant on "Big Brother."

It seems just before he died the grandfather knew Frankie might bail from the show if he found out, so one of grandpa's last wishes was to keep his death a secret from Frankie.

Ariana was chronicling her grandpa's illness ... recently posting pictures with him in the hospital.  But Frankie never saw them per the rules of the show.

Ariana made her grandfather's wishes clear, tweeting, "asked grandps last week if he wanted us to pull frankie off bb & he said "no way! he's gotta play the game even tho i don't understand it"

It seems from the "Big Bro" live feeds ... Frankie is still in the dark over his grandpa's death.
update_graphic_red_bar
7:00 PM PT -- Producers just told Frankie about the death.

0723-subasset-arianna-grande-instagram

Toilethead

I call bullcrap.

WayZan

Why all the hate on BB? They haven't done anything wrong. Monica, a contestant on season 2, lost a cousin on 9/11 in one of the towers and they told her when there was 3 or 4 weeks left to the season. I'm sure they'll tell Frankie, it will make for great TV to see him crying and everyone comforting him. Then he'll realize he can use this to his advantage to get sympathy so we'll get to be disgusted with him watching him use this man's death for his own personal gain.

sophiastormy

this is just wrong... but this was his choice.. and knew grand was ill...

LisaD7777

He looks so much like his grandfather!

Ronron

Is Frankie ?,,, you know,,,? Is he,,,,,,?

Fred Thomas

Big Brothers, for people who never finished the 7th grade, want me to explain that to you?

Phantom

I don't know if he needs the money, but Frankie loves the game and is doing great. Sympathy for the family. I feel really bad for him having to discover this sad news when he gets out. Love you, Ariana and Frankie. But I hope Donny wins!

Jazlyn

Ariana such a big fan here I love here I admire all your work I want you to be my friend I want to text you if you will like to text me send me your phone number and i am really really sorry about your grandfather I know how it feels I can feel your pain so sorry

Tony C

Sounds like a cool Grandpa....... and yes ,KOBE_NO_MEANS_NO,She is a beautiful and talented young lady.

detour

Jazlyn!!! Oh sure, she'll text you and you become best friends forever. You guys can go to the movies, get a tan at the beach maybe she will invite you for Christmas. Jeez, get real!!

hunternlilly

Hmmm wonder how Frankie is going to take it when he finds out... I feel sorry for him.

Morton Lipshitz

Frankie must be the "gay token" on this dumb ,brain- numbing show.

EL444

this well be interesting to see how CBS handles his notification....on air, off air? I mean everyone in the crowd will know (assuming he gets the boot far enough in Regen it's a live audience) so they can't really rush someone blurting it out. And u know some Jack ass would for their 15 mins of fame

Jon

Big Brother told him at 5pm

Bkshorti

I'm sorry that he's in the dark on it. N also for to have to keep it a secret.