Bill Gates

My Summer's WAY Better than Yours!

8/6/2014 12:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0806_bill_gates_yacht_helicopter_launch_v3Did you play tennis off the coast of a fancy island today with your family before being helicoptered back to your yacht? No? That's because you're not Bill Gates.

Gates -- along with his wife Melinda and their kids Rory, Jennifer and Phoebe -- knocked a few balls around in Porto Cervo, Sardinia before being flown back to the massive yacht they're renting.

After that, the family went through a rack of wet suits (because who doesn't keep their wet suits on a clothes rack?) before taking a dip in the Mediterranean Sea and hopping on jet skis.

FML.

Swerve

I wonder if Bill knows he can make $6,801/month working part time from home

Stillwaters

Some people I can hate on, not him. He's one of the more generous ones, besides Buffett. They may have their flaws, but they do more good than bad...

Kkkartrashiankkklan

Obviously there renting so there would be a rack to fit them in appropriate wetsuits. I mean common. Go on vacation dawn and u would know it's standard procedure!

Hans Gruber

Perhaps Bill Gates should fear the lives of those in 2nd and 3rd world countries. In the next world, the top 1% make up the bottom 1%.

Roman Moroni

Shouldn't he be working on that bug fix for win '95

Lorena

I wish I had that much money to take care of my family like that.. He is a great guy....truly blessed

Heypullover

TMZ I already knew that!!! His fall, winter and spring are probably better as well!

FREEDOM

WHEN YOU USE YOUR BRAIN YOU CAN AQUIRE SUCCESS.

christina

Do your homework people... it's not HIS yacht.
This is the info it took me a whole 5 minutes to find online: http://money.cnn.com/gallery/luxury/2014/06/12/superyachts/2.html

bart

At least him and his wife's foundation gives a ton of money to charity. If I had that kind of money I would enjoy life too.

sumptuous

Work it Gates!!!!

Mimi

The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation has and is doing a lot of good in the world, for health and education. He's probably given away more money than he's kept. I don't begrudge him a luxury vacation with his family. Renting a yacht is better than owning it like some billionaires who give little or nothing back to society [including his former partner]. Besides, there are safety concerns when is so high profile and wealthy.

My summer vacation also involved diving, swimming, boating, beaches and family. The difference? We traveled by rental car and stayed in modest eco lodges. It probably cost just a fraction of what the Gates laid out, but it's all relative. I doubt they had any more fun than my family.

blerbler

You guys are totally over blowing this. Nothing you've described sounds over-the-top. Now if he owned that boat.... (it's when you can afford it but you choose not to buy it bc it could be tacky and classless that you know you're dealing with serious, quality people). Give the man and his family a break. And he's earned it btw.

MissEm

These freaking eugenecists make me sick! Just LOOK at how they live, all the while supporting the SLAUGHTER of millions of unborn BLACK (and White, Asian & Hispanic) BABIES! If it breathes...KILL IT! Sick F V C K S!

David

He changed the digital life with WINDOWS
He changed the human life with his GESTURE
Jobs didnt do