« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Greg Oden

Arrested for Brutalizing Ex-Girlfriend

8/7/2014 5:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0807-greg-oden-mug-shot
Epic NBA draft bust Greg Oden was arrested early Thursday morning after he allegedly attacked his ex-girlfriend ... TMZ Sports has learned.

According to the police report, officers arrived at the Lawrence, Indiana home of Oden's mother at 3:30 AM ... to find a woman lying on a bed and holding her face.

The report says police observed blood, swelling to the nose, lacerations to the forehead and nose area of the victim's face. There was also blood on the sofa and floor.

A woman who identified herself as the victim's best friend told police Oden punched the victim in the face.

According to the report, Oden told police, "Things got out of control and I started to go after the victim. My relative and witness tried to hold me back, but as I swung my arms to move them out of the way, then punched the victim in the face. I was wrong and I know what has to happen."

He also told police he had dated the victim for about two years, but they broke up two months ago.

Oden was taken to jail and booked for misdemeanor battery.

Oden was the first overall pick in the 2007 NBA Draft but his career has been marred by injury and he never became the player he was projected to become. For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

BLUE UGLY 💩

He looks like a Neanderthal. Did he club her too?

Noog

Butt ugly pos he is. You don't put your hands on a woman you dumb ninja

devil's advocate

Just give the guy a two game suspension, an anger management class , time served and send him on his way. Why waste taxpayers money with a trial

Kent

What a surprise another woman beating sports athlete.

Gretel

He looks like a Cro-Magnon man throwback. Does he have Marfan syndrome?

Honeywanderin

To me he looks like Lebron but with better hair

Steve

What's with all the black guys beating girls lately? Was your bitch outta line? Had to set that ho straight wit yo pimp hand?

Reginaphalange

Sucks at his career and in life loser!

TheGlow

Lebron's dad needs to stop.

dereal

He is beating his failures out on a women instead of the court...sad

FREEDOM

GREG ODEN YOU SUCK SO BAD.

Toni

You left out that he was signed to the Heat this past season...

Sara Jo Camel Toe

Pfffft.....Nigs.

FREEDOM

LITTLE PUNK HITS A WOMAN . WHAT A F.U.C.K. UP.....

lkelly816

Oh no! Not ANOTHER mild-mannered athlete being arrested for domestic violence. I can't believe it!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments