The Rock's Mom

Alleged Drunk Driver Needs a Smackdown

... But I Forgive Her

8/12/2014 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0812-ata-maivia-johnson-rock-getty
The Rock
's mom is thanking the giant SUV her son bought her for saving her life in a head-on collision -- and amazingly holds no grudges against the woman who hit her.

Ata Maivia-Johnson tells TMZ ... "As much as I'd like to lay the Samoan smackdown on the drunk driver that crashed into us, I've already forgiven her."

Ata and Dwayne's cousin Lina Fanene were driving home last week when the other driver plowed into their Escalade.

Ata added, "By the grace of God and my big heavy strong car, we are alive today to hug our loved ones once again."

The driver has been charged with a DUI in the incident.

0812-the-rock-car-crash-instagram-4

iBetty

Glad she okay...

Taint Me

They both have quite the Schnozzolas.

Cranberry Bauce

Is the debate over? Was it an Escalade or a Cadillac?

Gurterr

That's a man bay-be!

Kartrashian Klown

It's good to see that in this day and age, people forgive others for doing wrong. The Rock is a good man. Although I wonder if he would say the same thing if things didn't turn out well?

Bkshorti

Now that's what I call having forgiveness and being a good person. She would like to go ham on the fork but won't n still forgives her, the Rick mom is feeling blessed to b alive, I hear her on that.

Bkshorti

Now that's what I call having forgiveness and being a good person. She would like to go ham on her but won't n still forgives her, the Rock mom is feeling blessed to b alive, I hear her on that.

Sassy

Today the Rock posted a pic on his Instagram of him wheeling his mom out of the hospital. Her arm and a couple fingers were bandaged. TMZ had posted a pic of the cousin in the hospital and I'd wondered about the mom.

big teaser

My mom piss me off sometimes. But I wouldn't stoop so low as to kill her.