How bad do the New York Yankees want A-Rod to have his 3,000 hit ball back? So bad that the team is offering a smorgasbord of AWESOME pinstriped-themed goodies ... so says the guy who caught it.
We spoke to Zack Hample ... the lucky dog who snagged A-Rod's historic dinger, and he tells us the Yanks made an incredible offer to him the minute the MLB authenticated his ball.
According to Hample the deal included ...
- Seats in the "Legends" section of Yankees stadium
- A personal meeting with A-Rod
- His own press conference with the media
- Appearances on the YES network for the rest of the season
- A "sizable" donation" to the charity of Hample's choice (with A-Rod to match the donation)
FYI -- sitting in the swanky "Legends" section of Yankees stadium is a big deal, with tickets running up to $1,500 per game ... and include gourmet food and drinks for the whole 9 innings.
Hample says it ain't just the Yanks who want the ball -- with multiple auction houses and collectors offering big cash for the rock -- but he hasn't made up his mind about what to do with it just yet.
Good problem to have if you ask us.
Waiting for your permission to load the comments.