Inside the "Idol" Tour After-Party

8/28/2006 2:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ace Young at the Idol after-partyImmediately following their performance at the LA stop of their tour, the "American Idols" greeted lucky fans at their Staples Center after-party on Saturday.

The ever-gracious Ace Young signed autographs for the throngs of his young female fans, while their moms gawked on the side.

Paris Bennett, who recently turned 18, handled herself like an old pro and stood on a table to handle the crush of the teenage amateur paparazzi that swarmed the pint-size pop star.

Kellie Pickler, sporting blonde extensions, proved she's just a down home gal by arriving in slippers and sweatpants.

But the scene stealer and diva of the evening was Chris Daughtry. Chris arrived with extra security,and although initially he did mingle with fans, by the end of the night you had to be asked over by The Daughtry in order to say hello.

Interestingly, LIVE lead singer Ed Kowlaczyk --who performed with The Daughtry on the "Idol" finale -- was part of Chris' entourage that night and went completely unnoticed by the crowd.

"Idol" winner Taylor Hicks, Bucky Covington and Elliott Yamin did not attend the meet and greet. The trio were busy getting across town to the Johnny Depp-owned Viper Room to take the stage with the Little Memphis Blues Orchestra, which features members of Taylor Hicks' band.

Another no-show was film actress hopeful, Katharine McPhee. We're told that Kat, who is from nearby Sherman Oaks, Calif., had so many family and friends come visit her backstage that she wasn't able to attend the after-party.

ronny

La Chris has become a total diva. I would have thought La Ace would have taken that title.

stoopit

No kidding...Chris has no room to be a diva yet, he hasn't even made it yet. Not to mention he wasn't able to make it on to RockStar INXS, so he had to go to American Idol insead. You need to step up your game to become a security guard laden super star Chris. You're still at the "American Idol Reject" level.

Marissa

La Chris has ALWAYS been a diva. Its totally been written on him since day 1.

He's still uber hot tho. I saw him live - and oh yes - i saw him live.

I told my husband that I'd leave him for Chris Daughtry - if the chance ever rose - and he said he'd leave me for Chris Daughtry too. :|

catielyn

figures Kat wouldn't show up. We saw her when she drove up in L.A. and she didn't bother to even tell her "hometown" hello. She could have/should have taken at least 30 minutes out for her hometown fans--oh wait--she didn't have any.

SONI

i really like AMerican Idol winner Taylor HIcks i think he is areal honest, down-earth person keep up the great work. i also lieks the other American Idol fuinalists whow ere on this last tour . have a great future in your music career.

Tina from Cincinnati

Chris is the tour favorite whatever city they perform in. His incredible vocals and stage presence are awesome. He gives the audience what they want to hear and feel. Rockin' hard music...Everybody now wants a piece of Chris..he is that HOT...Altho he did not win the title, his press reviews have been so favorable, and the many fans wild reactions to his performances, that he has overshadowed the winner. Chris does not have to be "judged" anymore. He has his own style and is making a name for himself without being the winner. Chris is on his way to the top... Rock on, Chris!!!!!

Dick

The true Divas are Hicks, Yamin and Bucky. Their fans were at that after party. Where is the gratitude and loyalty for those fans especially the kids who week after week power voted them into the finals. Especially Hicks, where would he be without his TV audience??

keka

ive been one of the fans who sweated it out at the hot parking lots just to see Chris Daughtry and that man is far from being a diva. he chose to come to us even when he doesn't have to (mind you, there were some idols who saw us and never even spared a smile or a wave) and he tirelessly signed autographs and granted all of our requests without even a hint of annoyance.

Originalkat

When you get an invite to perform at The Viper Room I think your true fans would understand you going. That is quite an honor and right down Hicks style of music.
I see nothing wrong with them doing that.
Katherine.."film actress hopeful"..you got that right
Ace and Kellie are always spoken well of on the tour with fans and love people.

Laura

So let me get this straight...all those people weren't there and somehow Chris is the diva? At least he showed up.

Michele

We can only hope that Jessica Simpson looses what she calls her voice forever. She was nothing without Nick, and she still is nothing.

Let her go back to her Daddy so she can measure other parts of her body. Just goes to show you money does not buy you class.

keka

i think there are tons of fans who can contradict your calling Daughtry a "diva". in fact, you both called him and Ace as "divas" and they've proven quite the contrary. give the guy a break. he's working his ass for his album and he still found the time to meet with the fans. plus, just because he has more security doesn't mean anything. heaven help me,. he's gonna need lots of it, with all the groupies who wants a piece of him.

Cathy

These "after parties" are exclusive events for invited guests only, not your ordinary fans. There are a lot of industry insiders -- basically, you have to know someone to get in. I believe that anyone going to that event would have/should have known that Taylor was going to be performing with LiMBO that evening, and that Elliott and Bucky usually appear with the band as well. At least the SERIOUS Taylor/Elliott/Bucky fans keep up with them and would have had that information. I live clear across the country and knew about it -- and would have loved to be there!

Anne

How interesting to read that diva article that you wrote back in april. It says "the producers would be very happy to see them leave" referring to Ace and Chris. Well, I think we figured that out for ourselves after watching the complete ambush of Ace Young by the AI producers. It's so great to see him winning tons of fans over with every concert, with his magnetic performances and his complete devotion to all fans, not just his own. I would like to say I would be willing to bet, though, that his fanbase consists mostly of women from 25 to 70, despite the critics who insist that his fans are "little girls." I also think it's wrong to call Chris a diva just because he has more security. He has tons of fans. I love to see both Ace and Chris, who are beautiful inside and out, proving you wrong in the diva department.

Jen

Anyone that calls Chris Daughtry a diva hasn't met the man. He is the most humble, gracious person I've been graced with meeting who has to deal with the public on a daily basis. The man spent as much time as he could chatting with me when I met him in July, THANKED my friend and I for coming out and showing support from his "older" fanbase. (As in fans from further back than the Idol days.) And no, he didn't know me PERSONALLY... just knew I supported him and treated me VERY well.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments