Blake Dyed After "Idol" Fans Complained

5/10/2007 2:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Blake LewisBlake Lewis added blonde skunky streaks to his new brunette 'do this week, and angry "A.I." fans had a lot to do with it!

TMZ has learned that after the be-bopping boob revealed his darker shade last week, fans on blogs and websites (and Rosie on "The View") had nothing but negative things to say, which made Lewis question his decision. Do blondes have more fun? A reader on TMZ left the following comment: "And please tell Blake that going dark didn't work for Ashlee Simpson and it doesn't work for him either!!" Talk about career-enders!

A well-placed source tells TMZ that while Blake wasn't ready to go completely back to his dated frosted fiasco, he did add the blonde highlights as a compromise. A little dab'll do ya! Vote for me!

Regardless of who is crowned -- and thanks to Blake -- Chris Sligh's Shirley Temple curls, Haley's used weave and, of course, Sanjaya, the real winner of this season's "Idol" will be -- hair!

ivy

Okay, yeah. Blonde or dark. This kid is fugly. I vote for a bag over his face.

Tired and Ready for A Nap

His beat boxing has gotten stale. Since Kiki is gone, it's time for me to start splitting my vote between the two ladies left so Blake can beat box himself back home. I recommend the rest of you do the same so that a really talented person can win AI this year.

djdw61

I don't like his hair color either,but I give him props for having the courage to play with it. I still love Blake! He is original!

Kim

this funky white boy can do whatever he wants!!! all good by me!

Heather

Seriously, who cares what color his hair is? People need to get over it! Blake is hot no matter what color he chooses. Plus it's a vocal competition, not a hair competition. Sheesh!

PS: VOTE FOR BLAKE!!

Miera

The tuxedo t-shirt is too stupid for anyone over the age of 11. The hair was ridiculous. His smarmy smile is fake. His beat box singing is elementary school crap. Every time I've seen him the last few weeks I've wanted to shove my foot through the tv. I hope Jordin wins, but I would take anyone over this tool.

Marla

Personally, I like the darker do better.

Diggs

Love him - he's different than the same 'ol same 'ol idol crap. Doesn't matter at this point who wins, anyway, they'll all have record contracts.

I HAVE LICKED TOM CRUISE. TWICE!

HE'S NOT ORIGINAL. HE'S ALSO SECRETLY GAY, AND HIS BEAT BOXING ROUTINE IS OLD AND TIRED. AMERICA WILL VOTE FOR ANYTHING IT SEEMS!!!!! GOD HOW THEY MUST HATE US!

Diggs

Who cares if he's "secretly gay?" Didn't realize that had anything to do with the competition.

I HAVE LICKED TOM CRUISE. TWICE!

AND BEAT BOXING DOES HUH???? YOU'RE AN IDIOT!

busyness

I like Blake because he's original (in the American Idol arena). That said, I think Jordin should win. She is young, beautiful, talented, and I can see her having a long pop-type career a la Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. However, if Blake, or even Melinda win, that's fine too. Really, does it matter whether Blake's hair is dark or blonde, or if he's gay or straight? And, he's not "fugly". He's a nice, average looking guy. Probably the way most of us who post on here are nice, average looking people. It cracks me up how people get so judgemental about those who are in the public eye. Who says that everyone should be gorgeous? On a related note, ever since the first time I saw Blake he's reminded me of Dominic Monaghan from LOST.

lori

Like the blonde hair so much better. He looked a little too gothic going dark. But I love him and I think he is great! I believe he would sell a lot more albums than the other two. He is more of today.

Justin

Blake is no singer. Last night pretty much showed that. When he was singing w/ the 3 girls you couldn't even hear him. He's entertaining at times but a singer?? No Way.

Jeff

BLAKE IS A HACK is an unenlightened jackass. Whether or not you vote for Blake is irrelevant. Is outing him supposed to affect people's judgment? Welcome to '07, you cro magnon.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments