Velvet Revolving Door

Weiland Arrested Again

12/3/2007 4:59 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that rocker Scott Weiland has been arrested, again, for DUI. Shocker, we know.

The Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver singer was driving on an L.A. highway around 6:15 PM on November 21 when he crashed his car. While the California Highway Patrol was investigating the non-injury wreck, they noticed Weiland appeared to be impaired. (Um ... ya think?) According to the police report, Weiland failed sobriety tests and refused to take a blood or urine test. He was booked for "driving under the influence of a drug. "

He was released on $40,000 bail and will be back in court on December 13.

Weiland is no stranger to run-ins with the law. He was busted for buying crack in 1995, domestic violence in 2001, DUI on his birthday in 2003, and as TMZ first reported, allegedly trashed a hotel room while brawling with his wife. His wife later issued a statement saying her hubby was "simply trying to help calm me down."

A rep for Weiland said in a statement that the signer was involved in a "minor accident," but denies he was driving under the influence. "Scott was not driving under the influence of a drug, legal or illegal," Kristine Ashton-Magnuson said. "He voluntarily took a breathalyzer test which the defense believes registers well within the legal limit. He is anxious to get to court ... and clear this matter up."

Sir Nigel Buttercrumpet

Looks like he walked into a fart!

Godog

most people relapse. like 98% . Being a rich rockstar brings that up to 100%^

elizabeth

I can't believe you don't know who Scott Weiland is. He's the hottest rock star out there. I'm 25 and instead of wondering what britney is doing today maybe you guys could find out what good music is all about.

elizabeth

scumbagstyle

weiland is the greatest front man of all time and he's beautiful. everyone knows most of rock's best music is written while under the influence or recovering from. and don't go saying that slash and duff must be tired of WEILAND having substance issues, that's just assanine. far as i'm concerned, scott is the quintessential rock star, breaking stuff and stumbling around, and we'll probably get another spectacular solo album from this.

scumbagstyle

correction, second greatest. freddie mercury was probably better.

V

It's just amazing that this guy hasn't died yet. His music and voice are amazing. It just goes to show that having success in the biz isn't all that it's cut out to be.

George Clooney is a Pu$$y

Jerk, I hope you get lots of jail time. I have been hit by a drunk driver, and you're a looser.

Mike O. Danyurs

I believe he has had more than 1 DUI in the past.

Party 'till you die!

's.b.s #32 and 34 or so, I like Weiland too, but I do remember reading that the band was having problems with one of his earlier rehab stints because it cost them a large portion of a tour ( or perhaps the whole tour) and a lot of hard work and money. After all the crap they put up with when Axle was busy destroying his/their career, you can bet that they are not amused at this kind of stuff! Not only is this costing them monetarily, but it could ruin any further work from this band. You seem to worship substance abuse, but when it takes out a vital star, everyone loses. I still hate the fact that Layne Staley died battling this same life that you seem to idolize. I really, really liked AIC and thought their last big outing on MTV unplugged was remarkable despite seeing Layne slowly fade near the end of the concert. If you were any sort of real fan, you would want him to get thru this, but I bet that you secretly are waiting in some sick sort of way for his death. You're not a fan, but just a big Tool ( another killer band). Nice name, it fits you well!

divajulia

I saw Velvet Revolver in Seattle not too long ago in Seattle. Everyone looked and sounded great. I do agree that Duff needs to chat with him again, but at the end of the day, it's up to Scott. My son worked withan amazing actor named Jason Cottle last summer in a file called Cthulhu (google it). At the time, I said he would make an amazing Scott Weiland if they ever had to do a biopic--now I feel guilty. It just may happen. Scott-I know you'll never read this, but oh my god, don't let it happen. You're too amazing...xoxo Julia in Seattle

divajulia

Uh, could I have said SEATTLE enough??? God, sorry.

deedee

This man sang for STP (Stone Temple Pilots) and is an ICON. If you've lived under a rock your whole life and now sings for Velvet Revolver with Slash from GNR. Someone needs to help him get off the pipe and singing again. You people should be ashamed - LOSERRRRSSSSSSS!

Paul

You nutz who rag on Weiland are jealous and plain ole' ingnorant. Yes he has a problem, but to call him a fool. He is a great vocalist who fronts a great band. He has made some mistakes...so what. DUI's, buying drugs..yea he is wrong, but you cannot take away his talent as a vocalist. Some of you just have no idea about people or there days in life. I hope some of you haters look in the mirror and realize your comments may mask your own dissatisfactions with your own lifestyles.

Johnny